Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:33 PM

Re: Police attacked as Bristol protests turn violent

20 faces shown tonight on the news.
About time to, sick of seeing wanted scum in pictures with their faces blotted out.
There are those that may say its only because police were injured.
Personally I don't care as long as its the beginning of something that should have been done years ago.

Name/show and shame the buggers and sod the PC wallies who say they have rights.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
About time to, sick of seeing wanted scum in pictures with their faces blotted out.
Personally I don't care as long as its the beginning of something that should have been done years ago.

Name/show and shame the buggers and sod the PC wallies who say they have rights.
Some are usually from wealthy, well to do families but they go anti establishment
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 09:42 PM

Who is PC. Wallies Longfellow ??
I say bring back national service, females as well ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:16 PM

Well, I suppose it's one thing if they are 'named and shamed', but what do you really think will be done to them?
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, I suppose it's one thing if they are 'named and shamed', but what do you really think will be done to them?
Yes I suppose thats true JB.
In olden days we would turn our heads and shun them even push them a side with poles.
I mean thats why I had to stop selling 6ft barge poles because of the Political Correctness Wallie's .

( PC Wallies for short Donkeyman.)
longfellow
Chatterbox

23-03-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some are usually from wealthy, well to do families but they go anti establishment
Bit like Chelsea supporters Art.
All tooled up at weekend games ready to fight the opposition's fans, showing off their tatt's .
Monday to Fridays though working in the City all suited and booted and eating prawn cocktail sandwiches .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:32 PM

I suppose there is a difference.

Somehow, if it is a matter of football hooligans kicking the shit out of the hooligans who support a different team, that's OK. They both want to fight; they're not hurting anyone else. Let them get on with it.

When rioters want to fight with other rioters, the same thing applies. They both want to fight each other - OK.

But what about the rioters wanting to throw bricks or knives at the police? Is that OK, bearing in mind that the police cannot fight back? The police have to follow strict rules about defending themselves and about exactly how they can arrest someone, despite having to face armed opponents and despite being heavily outnumbered.

I think things would be much fairer if the police were allowed to react as if on a level playing field. The American police can, the Russian police can, I'm sure that most European police - Spanish, Polish, etc, police can.

But not ours.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There's no need to worry, you think the BBC pictures are good....The police ones will be a lot better. There should be no need for confrontation, let them have their fun and then when they have been identified, the police can quietly visit their homes at four in the morning when they are on their own, and arrest the conspirators. Divide and conquer.....The local university would be a good place to start...

Mobile phones will also be a giveaway for everyone who carried one... The police are smarter than you think...

It does beg the question though, have the thugs been put there by the authorities to promote violence and damage to property so that the general public will beg for a bigger police presence and an end to demonstrations....Just saying..
Yes, it is surprising what the police can do. A mixture of hi-tech surveillance and analysis, plus good old fashioned leg work will catch many of these thugs.

Many people think pay as you go 'phones can't be traced, but in many cases that isn't true.

Members of the law abiding public watching the images on telly might spot someone and think, 'ere, the bloke three doors up has a jacket or hat just like that one there, and call the hotline.

The police will backtrack from CCTV, Media Reporters, social media, and phone dumps from people arrested. Rioters might have been wearing masks at the time, but it is quite likely they can be spotted earlier not wearing one.

The police won't catch everyone, but they will catch many of them, and will make extra efforts to identify and arrested the worst offenders.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-03-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Yes, it is surprising what the police can do. A mixture of hi-tech surveillance and analysis, plus good old fashioned leg work will catch many of these thugs.

Many people think pay as you go 'phones can't be traced, but in many cases that isn't true.

Members of the law abiding public watching the images on telly might spot someone and think, 'ere, the bloke three doors up has a jacket or hat just like that one there, and call the hotline.

The police will backtrack from CCTV, Media Reporters, social media, and phone dumps from people arrested. Rioters might have been wearing masks at the time, but it is quite likely they can be spotted earlier not wearing one.

The police won't catch everyone, but they will catch many of them, and will make extra efforts to identify and arrested the worst offenders.
And then, after all that effort, the courts will let them off.

It makes me wonder why anyone bothers any more.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:32 PM

More demonstrations yesterday.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-56505553

When will it end

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top