Join for free
Page 404 of 1676 « First < 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 504 904 1404 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Hello Possums
I hope you are all well.
You will have to read my post at the Candy Bar, to see what I have been up to.
Now then, I have heard the saying let the train take the strain, but, having troubles on the bus - What a fuss.
I was going to post Kevin Bloody Wilson's new version of Silent Night for you, but it is now too late.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 03:15 PM

Good afternoon Christmas survivors.

Watched a bit of Dickens stuff over the Christmas “You have a way about you that most people wouldn’t find unpleasant” From ”The Old Curiosity Shop”, I suppose that was Dickens way of saying your OK. I love his writings.

Yes indeed Spitty I’m very proud of you lads and our sweet lassie, nobody’s been on the carpet this year, tip wood, only five days to go.
Thank God I have never led an ordered life, if I wanted one I’d have joined the forces.
A wise old man once said to me “Jem my son, never live an ordered life for an ordered live is not a lived life, it's an endured life” He was bang on as far as I was concerned, I sure had a great time of it and I’d do it all again if I was asked to.

I made this one up specially for you Spitty, in your own style, I hope you like it.
I hear a lot of Bollywood actors have moved to Hollywood, MGM have a new musical in the can to be released in the new year, it’s called “Im a Yankee Doodle Gandhi”
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Thass right,Jem-I saw that fillum advertised!
Apparently,his dog does a song-and-dance in it,which the director named
"I'm a Yankee Poodle Gandhi!"

[oh dear-this is getting silly]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 05:15 PM

Yes Pug, but I believe they forget to give the dog a wash before filming and they had to change the name to “I’m a Manky Poodle Gandhi”
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 06:45 PM

GBY Dr Seuss

Socks
Box
Knox

Knox in box.
Fox in socks.

Knox on fox
in socks in box.

Socks on Knox
and Knox in box.

Fox in socks
on box on Knox.

Chicks with bricks come.
Chicks with blocks come.
Chicks with Bricks and
blocks and clocks come.

Look, sir. Look, sir.
Mr Knox, sir.
Let's do tricks with
bricks and blocks, sir.
Lets do tricks with
chicks and clocks, sir.

First, I'll make a
quick trick brick stack.
Then I'll make a
quick trick block stack.

You can make a
quick trick chick stack.
You can make a
trick clock stack.

And here's a
new trick, Mr Knox....
Socks on chicks
and chicks on fox.
Fox on clocks
on bricks and blocks.
bricks and blocks
on Knox on blocks.

Now we come to
ticks and tocks, sir.
Try to say this
Mr Knox, sir....

Clocks on fox tick.
Clocks on Knox tock.
Six sick bricks tick.
Six sick chicks tock.

Please, sir. I don't
like this trick, sir.
My tongue isn't
quick or slick, sir.
I get all those
ticks and clocks, sir,
mixed up with the
chicks and tocks, sir.
I can't do it, Mr. Fox, sir.

I'm so sorry,
Mr. Knox sir.

Here's an easy
game to play.
Here's an easy
thing to say...

New socks.
Two socks.
Whose socks?
Sue's socks.

Who .....................et al
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 06:46 PM

Takes you back ...............
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 06:47 PM

errr....no.

No;I won't post that.

Ok.

Carry on.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Beer, and public transport are best not combined, stick to "Shorts" next time.

Thank You.
If I had tried to board the bus wearing shorts in November I think I might have been refused service.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good afternoon Christmas survivors.

Watched a bit of Dickens stuff over the Christmas “You have a way about you that most people wouldn’t find unpleasant” From ”The Old Curiosity Shop”, I suppose that was Dickens way of saying your OK. I love his writings.

Yes indeed Spitty I’m very proud of you lads and our sweet lassie, nobody’s been on the carpet this year, tip wood, only five days to go.
Thank God I have never led an ordered life, if I wanted one I’d have joined the forces.
A wise old man once said to me “Jem my son, never live an ordered life for an ordered live is not a lived life, it's an endured life” He was bang on as far as I was concerned, I sure had a great time of it and I’d do it all again if I was asked to.

I made this one up specially for you Spitty, in your own style, I hope you like it.
I hear a lot of Bollywood actors have moved to Hollywood, MGM have a new musical in the can to be released in the new year, it’s called “Im a Yankee Doodle Gandhi”
What the Dickens were you doing?

I've lived a very ordered life, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've ordered beer, and zyder, and lager, and shorts and stout, and peanuts, and pasties, and soup in a basket, and black forest bolleaux, and all sorts of other delicacies, and pickled eggs.

I also lived a sheltered life.

Bus shelters, air raid shelters, taxi shelters ...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 07:33 PM

I hear a lot of Bollywood actors have moved to Hollywood, MGM have a new musical in the can to be released in the new year, it’s called “Im a Yankee Doodle Gandhi”.

Thanks for thought Jem, I am aware of Bollywood, but don't like to make a song and dance about it, and, I'm certainly not going to Bhangra on about it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 08:15 PM

isn't marvellous when xmas is over everyone becomes 'normal' again; despite the odds of not becoming so

xmas day we had our 'giving presents ceremony in an aircon environ and then ham and eggs on the patio surrounded by fans as it was getting a chill warm then!

xmas tree - yes - cut down from our forest and sprayed silver - it looked very modern - it's quite amazing no one was taking photos this year?

then we all snoozed until 5pm and then to another part of town for a family get together and a 'pool for the kids to cool off in - at this time the rain clouds were gathering and everything cooled down - there was darts; casual chats and swimming feats.

we now have a cyclone developing off the coast and despite being 500kms away it is giving us a sound thrashing of wind and rain - how wonderful nature can be from the tropics and monsoons in 48 hrs!

you can keep ya bollywood anyday I prefer turkey and rye!

Page 404 of 1676 « First < 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 504 904 1404 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top