Join for free
Page 42 of 51 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Incorrect
They were arrested prosecuted and fined for the grass.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...ridge-18789959
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No we don’t.
That is your erroneous perception .
I use a 12 year old Nokia
But I do use the internet
So what ?

And contrary to what you say everyone doing their bit will have an effect .
Of course it’s much easier to have a defeatist attitude.
It’s wont make much difference so I will do B*****all.
I was not referring to you Muddy when I said all the protesters were all tooled up with the latest technology. No doubt most of them all possess a motor also. So my comment about them stating 'Do what we say, and not what we do!' Is not worthless at all, it's fact!

I also suspect that your reason for using a ten year old Nokia is either your lack of need of a smartphone or your hatred of the latest technology, and nothing to do with animal extinction or planet saving, but more out of preference and exactly the same reason why I still use a ten year old mobile.

Once again you assume that I do 'Bugger all' Muddy.....
I probably do as much as you, if not more, but I don't delude myself that I do it to save the Bengal Tiger, or the planet. I do it because I have a pride in my community, It's where I live and it's where I can make difference.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 09:34 PM

Incorrect
They were arrested prosecuted and fined for the grass.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...ridge-18789959
Interesting, and encouraging that they are now having to pay up for their pointless activities.

Three of these naive idiots are over 60! You'd have thought that at their age they'd have learnt to behave themselves, but then some children never really grow up.

They are, of course, pleading not guilty.

One of them has pleaded guilty and, I'm pleased to say, has been fined £811.
Another has been fined £302.
Another £512.
Another £237.

Total fines so far = £1,862

The damage to the lawn has been valued at £4,365.

Quite a way to go yet, then.

Of course, we can be sure that their unidentified backers will happily cover their costs. At least they will also still have criminal records, so getting a job might not be so easy. Then again, do these people even bother with jobs?

Apart from the damage and financial losses they have incurred to the college, themselves and their backer(s), I have yet to see anything concrete that they have achieved!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not at all Twink, I'm not blaming them, I admire them. But they are ultimately the only ones who control what happens in this world and who can make things happen. Or Not!

I suspect that the reason you have not taken any holidays abroad Twink, is not due to the demise of the planet. I don't know the proper reason, and I don't want to know, but be honest Twink, there were other more important factors involved? ....But flights will not have been cancelled due to your abstinence. I do know that a scheduled flight will proceed with empty seats. So it would be false economy not to occupy it...I also think that your low driving mileage is probably due to either dislike of driving or a lack of confidence rather that it's effects on pollution.....
I have no fear of driving at all & I did decide not to take holidays because of the fuel used to get there & the horrors of strange climate problems when I did, so your assumptions are wrong! The only other reason that would stop me taking holidays is caring for my cats, and if you knew me better you would know that my sister would live at my house & do that for me..... as members of my family have always done when I am away from home.

I have always had a big interest in global warming & from an early stage I have wanted to help where I can. Even last night I saw a programme about the horrendous fires in Australia & heard how millions of creatures & over 30 humans were killed by them....once again caused by global warming!

It is easy to say " I am not doing anything because it won't help" but ask yourself how you would feel if was affecting your current location & nobody was helping

Personally I would not be unhappy if the human population decreased significantly, because their desire for more has added to this global warming. It upsets me to hear that millions of creatures are being killed when all those, who claim to be animal lovers, are not prepared to sacrifice minor pleasures to try and prevent their pain, suffering & ultimate deaths!

I am proud to do what I can to reduce these disasters... so please never assume that my efforts are done for different reasons!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Interesting, and encouraging that they are now having to pay up for their pointless activities.

Three of these naive idiots are over 60! You'd have thought that at their age they'd have learnt to behave themselves, but then some children never really grow up.

They are, of course, pleading not guilty.

One of them has pleaded guilty and, I'm pleased to say, has been fined £811.
Another has been fined £302.
Another £512.
Another £237.

Total fines so far = £1,862

The damage to the lawn has been valued at £4,365.

Quite a way to go yet, then.

Of course, we can be sure that their unidentified backers will happily cover their costs. At least they will also still have criminal records, so getting a job might not be so easy. Then again, do these people even bother with jobs?

Apart from the damage and financial losses they have incurred to the college, themselves and their backer(s), I have yet to see anything concrete that they have achieved!
Why would you wish bad on them ?
Are you that worried about a bit of grass over the destruction of the planet ?
Why do you assume they don’t have jobs?
Do you have any information on their backers ?
No of course you don’t .
This is just throwing out statements that have no proof attached to them .
Cambridge univerity with its vast portfolio of billions can well afford to nip down to Homebase and buy a bit of turf.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...21bn-in-riches
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have no fear of driving at all & I did decide not to take holidays because of the fuel used to get there & the horrors of strange climate problems when I did, so your assumptions are wrong! The only other reason that would stop me taking holidays is caring for my cats, and if you knew me better you would know that my sister would live at my house & do that for me..... as members of my family have always done when I am away from home.

I have always had a big interest in global warming & from an early stage I have wanted to help where I can. Even last night I saw a programme about the horrendous fires in Australia & heard how millions of creatures & over 30 humans were killed by them....once again caused by global warming!

It is easy to say " I am not doing anything because it won't help" but ask yourself how you would feel if was affecting your current location & nobody was helping

Personally I would not be unhappy if the human population decreased significantly, because their desire for more has added to this global warming. It upsets me to hear that millions of creatures are being killed when all those, who claim to be animal lovers, are not prepared to sacrifice minor pleasures to try and prevent their pain, suffering & ultimate deaths!

I am proud to do what I can to reduce these disasters... so please never assume that my efforts are done for different reasons!
But my assumptions were not really wrong were they Twink. You put forward two other explanations why you didn't want to travel abroad...Yes?

And you did not read and absorb my post Twink.....
I go well out of my way to care for my community whether others help or not. But fortunately they do....

Concerning the bushfires in Australia, I do feel for the residents affected, and I would certainly be manning the pumps to help if I could, but catastrophes happen in the world all the time and will not be stopped by someone in Cheshire occasionally leaving the car in the garage and not taking foreign holidays.

Some of the fires were actually proved to be arson! Some could have been caused by farming methods and poor land management, and some may have been the result of an unusually dry summer, but the Aussies will learn from this and go some way to preventing it happening again, or at least reduce the voracity next time.

You do seem to have a hatred for mankind Twink, but we are all in the same boat and everybody is somebody's Husband, Wife, brother, Sister, Father, Mother, etc, and the answer lies in coming up with a proper solution and not some half arsed individual based nonsense that will never provide the desired result even if you manage to get just 1% of the world's population onside...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 11:56 AM

But my assumptions were not really wrong were they Twink. You put forward two other explanations why you didn't want to travel abroad...Yes?

I go well out of my way to care for my community whether others help or not. But fortunately they do....

Concerning the bushfires in Australia, I do feel for the residents affected, and I would certainly be manning the pumps to help if I could, but catastrophes happen in the world all the time and will not be stopped by someone in Cheshire occasionally leaving the car in the garage and not taking foreign holidays.

Some of the fires were actually proved to be arson! Some could have been caused by farming methods and poor land management, and some may have been the result of an unusually dry summer, but the Aussies will learn from this and go some way to preventing it happening again, or at least reduce the voracity next time.

You do seem to have a hatred for mankind Twink, but we are all in the same boat and everybody is somebody's Husband, Wife, brother, Sister, Father, Mother, etc, and the answer lies in coming up with a proper solution and not some half arsed individual based nonsense that will never provide the desired result even if you manage to get just 1% of the world's population onside...
I think you are over analysing my post and not fully understanding what I was saying, but I am not going to debate this further.
Somebody said earlier that it is unlikely that any opinions are likely to change, and on this topic they are probably right. In circumstances like that it is more likely to become a disagreement rather than a discussion so, as I have stated my opinions I will now leave this thread before it gets too heated!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-10-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you are over analysing my post and not fully understanding what I was saying, but I am not going to debate this further.
Somebody said earlier that it is unlikely that any opinions are likely to change, and on this topic they are probably right. In circumstances like that it is more likely to become a disagreement rather than a discussion so, as I have stated my opinions I will now leave this thread before it gets too heated!
Fair enough Twink, I will do the same.....I Still love you though...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 12:27 PM

Why would you wish bad on them ?
Are you that worried about a bit of grass over the destruction of the planet ?
Why do you assume they don’t have jobs?
Do you have any information on their backers ?
No of course you don’t .
This is just throwing out statements that have no proof attached to them .
Cambridge univerity with its vast portfolio of billions can well afford to nip down to Homebase and buy a bit of turf.
One question at a time.

I 'wish bad' on anyone who creates criminal damage for their own gain, and such people deserve to be punished for their crimes.

I am disgusted by any mindless damage, be it 'a bit of grass' (actually severe damage to a well-tended lawn that has had a great deal of someone's time spent in creating it) or any property that doesn't belong to the criminal.
Does ruining that lawn somehow prevent 'the destruction of the planet'?

I assume that they don't have jobs because they seem able to be able to go about causing damage and disruption whenever they feel like it. Now they have criminal records, I'm quite sure they won't have any sort of meaningful jobs that are not illegal.

I have no idea of whom their backers are, but I'd love to know where they get their money from.

Talking of proof, can you provide me with any proof that any of their childish escapades have done anything to 'save the planet' or to change people's minds in any way?
Can you show any proof of your heroes having performed their activities in countries such as China - countries who are really causing damage to the earth far more than this country might be?
Why on earth would they not do that? (Rhetorical question - we all know the answer!)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2020, 02:07 PM

I think that this is a really unfair personal comment .
It would seem to me that the men don’t like woman giving their opinion on this subject.

Page 42 of 51 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top