Join for free
Page 43 of 58 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 11:09 AM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Welcome back RJ, and back with a real cracker, I really enjoyed that, great to have you in full swing again young man.

That Miss Blake the infant teacher is how I would imagine Violet Elizabeth when she grew up, blonde, perfumed and fluffy, “I shall squeam and squeam”

I had a 15 year old first cousin Gumbud, the same age as meself at the time, she had jet black long hair and she was a real stunner, she had a beautiful smile, loved to laugh and she was great company, a joy to be around, not in the least full of herself, she lived quite near me and I often jived with her at the local hop at the weekends. I was secretly nuts about her but could never ask her out as first cousins were strictly taboo. When she was 16 she went off to Canada with her older sister and I never heard of her again, not even when her mother (my mother’s sister) died in the 1980’s did she come home for the funeral, wherever she is now she’d be 70 this year if she’s still alive.
I think we all have a tell to tell about the one that got away, or as the wife says to me “The lucky one”
lovely story Jem keep em coming or is that it? men sharing romance stories can't beat it!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 11:16 AM

Well back to my first love - no special features - slightly overweight but I was smitten I must admit. We met at church of course - I was in the local Boys Brigade. However her extremely overweight mother had other plans she wanted her daughter to marry a farmer gentle lad who lived in the next field!

I remember letting her bicycle tire down one week as she rode everywhere in the village - but even that didn't stop here - her older sister had a quick word with me one night - sorry she said she can't see you tonight gumbud - you are a real nice guy and deserve better - do you think it was my name that did it?

such is village life!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 02:48 PM

Great tales lads. Pug step up to the podium your next.
Wouldn't it be nice to hear from a few ladies, the other side of the coin so to speak.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Ok...I am summoned to the podium to relate memories of my first love.
T'was Philamena Molloy...a name I still think,rather than say. Mere uttered syllables detract from and cannot ever hope to achieve,the glorious,tongue-tied,mesmerising radiance that was Philamena Molloy. I was 13 and living in a convent [yes,it IS true] Philamena lived in a huge mansion in the convent's grounds,as her father was estate manager or some such thing. When Philamena smiled,eternity shrivelled,dwindling into a tiny encapsulated space/time in which the only reality was knowing that smile was for me. We made dens out of bales,climbed trees,swam in rivers,made swings of vines. I showed her how to make catapults-she showed me her knickers. Life can offer no better experience than the time Philamena Molloy kissed me....I stood,totally stationary,unable and unwilling to move,lest the magic dissipate,lest the moment fade. I have known Paradise. Nothing in this life will or can surpass those times,that strange affliction to which I was a willing subjugate.
Oh Death,where is thy sting.......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 08:51 PM

I think it’s amazing how things like that stick in the mind and always bring a glow of satisfaction to us when reflected on. Young miss Molloy sure sounds like a cracker Pug.
I suppose Spitfire fell for a Harrier named Harriet, or a Hurricane called Hilda?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 09:26 PM

Good times gents, forum life moves on to the next chapter and....'The first time'
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 09:39 PM

I'm not allowed to talk about my first love as forum life is indeed complex.

Perhaps 'not allowed' is a bit strong: 'advisable' would be more appropriate I reckon.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

17-05-2015, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good times gents, forum life moves on to the next chapter and....'The first time'
Ok OGF off you go and don't spare the juicy bits!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

17-05-2015, 11:53 PM

The Family Coil

Once you’ve broke the family coil
There is no going back
The coil will only stretch so far
Then you’re on your own fast track

You’re in uncharted oceans
Sailing on from port to port
Buying strange exotic bangles
Landing on some other shore

The wandering sailor may return
With his tales of other lives
But the sea will keep on calling
To return to other skies

And so the die is cast once more
You’ve left your port and home and law
There’s few return to take up slack
The rule is “there’s no turning back”

© Gumbud
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-05-2015, 02:14 AM

I know I shouldn't but: someone who shall remain nameless left a frying pan of lamb chop dripping out last night. So I couldn't resist two wee morsels of vienna bread slices toasted and spread with the dripping [plus gravy spots] - sprinkled with a light coat of sea salt - and you know it tasted just the same as the stuff I had as a kid of 5yrs - perhaps that's why I'm still here?

and then as I was already on the road to hell I hacked into Bergader Edelpiltz - classic blue piccante on nothing but the knife and my tongue - what a way to go!

ps: I feel a glass or two of Pims No1 coming on

Page 43 of 58 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top