Join for free
Page 46 of 79 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:24 AM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Really ? Have you been keeping up with all of the racist comments posted ? Sure sounds to me like racism is endemic in the U.K.

I'm not suggesting that the U.S. is free of racism. Quite the opposite. Racism here is alive and thriving.
Could that be something to do with a knee jerk reaction caused by the ridiculous statement and behaviour of a racist group calling themselves 'Black Lives Matter'?

It works both ways bakerman....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 10:56 AM

I would never have thought that there are so many racists in the U.K. Frankly, I find it quite shocking. Prior to the murder of George Floyd and the start of this and a few other threads, I would have said that the overwhelming number of UK citizens were educated, liberal and completely non-racist. Just shows me how wrong I can be at times.

Truly, it is a sad, sad day for me.

AnnieS, I, of course, do not include you in that group. You DO "get it".
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:00 AM

No Bakerman most of us are like that .
In the UK a black person has the same opportunities as anyone else .
I can truly say I know of no cases of discrimination.
However when I was in the West Indies I saw loads of Black on Black discrimination.
The black people there particularly don’t like black tourists .
And black girls married to white men have a lot of trouble .
They are insulted in restaurants and shops ( not when their husbands are present of course )
My husband employed a young professional ( white Scottish who was married to a black America girl also a professional professional in her field from New York .
She hated it was always getting snide remarks form waiters and shop girls which upset her greatly .
We once met a lovely Canadian family on the beach - they were black and their children were playing with our dog .
Chatting they said told us they were on holiday and said the loacals are not very friendly are they ?

How could I say you are a black family staying in a five star hotel .
They definitely won’t be friendly .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:04 AM

I would never have thought that there are so many racists in the U.K. Frankly, I find it quite shocking. Prior to the murder of George Floyd and the start of this and a few other threads, I would have said that the overwhelming number of UK citizens were educated, liberal and completely non-racist. Just shows me how wrong I can be at times.

Did it ever occur to you that actually YOU are being racist by that mini-rant?

Anyway look on it this way. It's always good to learn and knowledge can't be taken away from anyone.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No Bakerman most of us are like that .
In the UK a black person has the same opportunities as anyone else .
Maybe so. Maybe not. One thing, however is crystal clear. Most people in the UK would not shed a single tear over the plight of American blacks who are being openly murdered, brutalized and framed for crimes, by the police.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:18 AM

Your misuse of the word 'racism' is cringeworthy bakerman.....
Until this thing kicked of about George I did'nt even realise there were any black people living in my village. The bloke at number 24 with the brightly painted house was just another resident who would help you out in times of trouble, and me him...But thanks to people like you who consider George a black person and not a scumbag of the first degree, and see his colour first just make my blood boil and you are turning a normally placid and tollerent person into an angry hateful racist and I don't like the person I'm becomming.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:19 AM

Maybe so. Maybe not. One thing, however is crystal clear. Most people in the UK would not shed a single tear over the plight of American blacks who are being openly murdered, brutalized and framed for crimes, by the police.

Yes of course we would that is why I started this thread I was shocked as are so many people .

But now it has led to anarchy hurt to innocent people and animals and damage to property .

On Facebook you will find that there are several posts by black people who while saying it was wrong refuse to subscribe to the commemorating of George Floyd because he was not the sort of person they want black people to be always associated with .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:20 AM

Why should we? It's NOT OUR PROBLEM.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-06-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Did it ever occur to you that actually YOU are being racist by that mini-rant?

Anyway look on it this way. It's always good to learn and knowledge can't be taken away from anyone.
You are a trouble causer bakerman....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
I've just watched the BBC's coverage of the funeral.

It sickens me the way the media are pussy-footing around the issues.

"He was a regular kind of guy from a tough area"

What rubbish...."He was a thug from a tough area that mugged and threatened to kill a pregnant woman"

But that wouldn't be right to tarnish his saintly image.

It's all getting a bit much for my liking.
Remember, it's the BBC.

Page 46 of 79 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top