Join for free
Page 462 of 1676 « First < 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 472 512 562 962 1462 > Last »
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 10:07 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh come on RJ none of us have got time to hang about here - were all on borrowed time - roll it out buddy!!
It's a mood thingy Gummy. to appreciate this monologue you have to be somewhere atmospheric and in appreciative company.

I first heard it squatted on the pavement outside a crowded restaurant with friends all tiddly on the seafront at Deauville France in the 1970s.
Following a overdramatized version by Ken Russell (NB my dear late mother was a lifelong friend of KEn) so much was added to reflect other users of the public loos in Soho that it lost some of its impact.
I mean to say, how credible was it bringing on to the list of visitors to this emporium of micturition the Dagenham girls choir, a fire eater. jugglers a contortionist, a belly dancer, I could go on
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Today I, in a contrary way of thinking, touched cloth, with an unknowable mystery.
I am 70 years old shortly. I can easily recall my life and times for nearly the whole span. Take for example the last 60 years where have they gone? how are they measured ? Do they still exist in a parallel structure beyond our understanding? Was it all in my mind and purely a gigantic hallucination designed just for me?
Today I had one of those moments; just a split second when everything made sense. Have you had just a moment when you understood your place in this existence. Out of the blue I had such a moment when I stood back & knew everything in heaven & on earth. Then it was gone, too much for my puny self to retain.

I was surprised to have successfully introduced an uncommon expression to the milieu recently. I refer to "Touching Cloth" which can induce panic, inconvenience (or incontinence)
Nothing to do with scatology as may have been presumed, rather relating to a current buzzword i.e. CUSP or even APOGEE.
Aren't words wonderful
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 12:23 PM

Words are indeed wonderful RJ, and here's another new one.

We have Decibels for the measure of sound, but do you know what we use to measure smells?
The ‘Stonkibert’ is a unit of smell, the Stonkibert is the yardstick used by the perfume trade as the official measure of smell strength, a scale of 1-10, incidentally 10 Stonkiberts would prove fatal. an good example is ammonia which smells in at 7 Stonkiberts.
I’m telling you all this because last night I made a discovery, did you know that you cannot smell anything in a dream?
In my dream I was asked to be a judge in a perfume testing session, twenty tiny bottles were placed in front of me, all labeled A-T and my job was to Sronkibert them 1-6. I went through the twenty bottles one after the other and found I couldn’t smell a thing! not a fraction of a Stonkibert registered in my nostrils. The strange thing was all the other judges were doing fine smelling away and jotting down their opinions.
So there you have it, that’s two things I have discovered about dreaming, one, you cannot see your own face in a dream, and two, you cannot smell anything in a dream.
Next time I’ll be going for the hat trick and find out if I can taste anything in a dream.(anyone know what the unit of measurement is for taste?)
A smell can wake one out of a dream, thank God for that, many lives have been saved when sleepers smelled smoke and people were able to move out of a building on fire.

Footnote: One should always carry a pocket Stonkimeter when visiting toilets in strange pubs, before one enters extend the Stonkimerere to arms length and if it hits 5 retreat and try again later, 3 Stonkiberts is the normal for mens toilets.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:01 PM

oh FGS Jem you'll have us all lookin like these new coppers on the beat weighed down with guns; batons; breathalyzers; stun guns; tazers etc etc -no wonder they are all walkin about bow-legged - how many bloody meters can ya carry in one day - apart from lovely meter meter maid I can't be doin with it all

watch out now you've probably awoken Pugsie the greatest meter test around these parts!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:11 PM

I think I'll come back later.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 01:56 PM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

31-01-2018, 02:10 PM

I forgot to say.
This old man he plays one
Give the dog a bone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 03:56 PM

That's a grand bone for making stew Sweetie.

I backed two horses today purely by name ‘Sweet as candy’ won @4/1 and ‘Captain Pugwash’ won @7/1.
I’m the last of the big spenders and had 2 Euros on each of them resulting in 22 Euros profit.
I often do that if the horse's name strikes a chord with me, so that’s Sweetie and Pug off the list.
I’ll have me eye out now for a Spitting Gummy horse eating a fruitcake with a gem in his ear and called Robert, running somewhere tomorrow I hope.
Robert Jnr.
UK

31-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Pugsy is a polymath
Not as thought, a psychopath

Spitty is so incredibly smart
But spoils it all by constant farts

Gummy boy lives out in the outback
He’s very good with folks & all that

Fruity is a new acquaintance
And looks to be low maintenance

That leaves our JEM who can do no wrong
Admired by men and adored by wimmen

You may have noticed I omitted the girls
Though they’re not just make up, curls

Thanks are due to our near silent followers
Who regularly read our rantings
Without their support
We wouldn’t be such well thought
So I take off my hat
I don’t often do that

The end
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Pugsy is a polymath
Not as thought, a psychopath

Spitty is so incredibly smart
But spoils it all by constant farts

Gummy boy lives out in the outback
He’s very good with folks & all that
P
Fruity is a new acquaintance
And looks to be low maintenance

That leaves our JEM who can do no wrong
Admired by men and adored by wimmen

You may have noticed I omitted the girls
Though they’re not just make up, curls

Thanks are due to our near silent followers
Who regularly read our rantings
Without their support
We wouldn’t be such well thought
So I take off my hat
I don’t often do that

The end
Well done Robert J

Page 462 of 1676 « First < 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 472 512 562 962 1462 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top