Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:37 PM

Re: Boxing Day Hunts.

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Humans have hunted animals since they climbed out of the primeval swamp.
Tara it's time you made it to the shore by now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I am, and always was, opposed to fox hunting and I`m not a `townie` I grew up in rural Bedfordshire.
I oppose it too Nom! Animals will always kill other animals because they have an instinct to hunt, often to get food!
Humans, that hunt, sicken me because they do it for pleasure and any person who kills for pleasure is not somebody I would choose to associate with.
I would also mention that hunting dogs are encouraged to hunt and do take the lives of other creatures as well as foxes. Sometimes the other creatures are other human's pets!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
.... Humans, that hunt, sicken me because they do it for pleasure and any person who kills for pleasure is not somebody I would choose to associate with. ....
Are you siickened by, or do you associate with, humans who do nothing to stop cats which "kill for pleasure" ?

Before answering, ponder the number of animals killed by humans in "hunts" in a year
(mostly despatched quickly) -
against the millions upon millions of small creatures maimed, tortured and killed by cats every single night.

A handful of poultry-killing foxes = horror and disgust ?
Millions of harmless, native, reptiles, birds and little furry creatures = 'who cares ?'.

And puleeeeese - don't give me the old "it's only natural" crap again. It's not.
They are foreign, introduced predators against which native fauna have no instinctive defence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I oppose it too Nom! Animals will always kill other animals because they have an instinct to hunt, often to get food!
Humans, that hunt, sicken me because they do it for pleasure and any person who kills for pleasure is not somebody I would choose to associate with.
I would also mention that hunting dogs are encouraged to hunt and do take the lives of other creatures as well as foxes. Sometimes the other creatures are other human's pets!

Yes Twink, it is the ones who do it for pleasure and a fun day out that sicken me too. And how disgusting to do that blood smearing act as well. That has nothing whatoever with assisting wildlife and conservation.
As I keep saying - it the MOTIVE for killing that I find most disturbing.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Some things to think about.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:31 PM

Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
.... as I keep saying - it the MOTIVE for killing that I find most disturbing.
Agreed, the motivation is difficult for 'normal' folk to understand.

But somehow, few are 'motivated' to do anything to minimize the far, far, greater suffering inflicted by cats.
In fact, they defend the damned things.

Cat "hunts", for any felines found roaming - particularly at night - with substantial bounties - would be a kindness.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Precisely Nom. Well said.
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 05:46 PM

Change the 'H' to a 'C' and you've got the answer in one.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What is it with cruel people ?
I would gladly set some dogs on them .
Slightly off topic, but your words Muddy bring to mind a pastime called 'Crush Videos'. I have only heard of them this week and had no idea what they were. I repeat your words,
"What is it with cruel people ? ".. I think humanity is degenerating at a faster rate than ever imaginable .

Something is badly wrong.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top