Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Re: It seems we have allies

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Because Norway is still under the jackboot.
They seem to be in the eu in all but name to me.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They seem to be in the eu in all but name to me.
Having to abide by the EU rules with no say in how they are constructed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 07:58 AM

Hi

There is a price to pay for leaving the EU.

How much is dependant on the skill and ability of our negotiators.

It is not a matter of the EU doing their worst at all.

We choose to leave and become a competitor.

It really is that simple.

The EU will look after their own interests first, we would do the same.

If we leave and trade under WTO Rules, we will be better of in terms of Tariffs by a few £Billion a year on the trade in goods, simply because they sell us more goods than we sell them.

WTO Rules do not include Services and the vast majority of our trade with the EU is in services.

It is this where we lose out big time, we need to accept this and stop whinging about it.

We have no idea at the moment how much leaving is going to cost the UK, best wait and see.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 09:19 AM

I don't think most leavers are whining we knew there would be a price. Remainers just can't accept that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think most leavers are whining we knew there would be a price. Remainers just can't accept that.
Hi

Loads of whining even on here about the cost of leaving, some even still think we are going to be saving money by leaving.

I find it very funny, what I call fair weather leavers
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-07-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Loads of whining even on here about the cost of leaving, some even still think we are going to be saving money by leaving.

I think eventually we will save money it's the bumpy path to freedom that has to be paid for. But with tm being able to find money to stay in power I have complete confidence she will find it for this too
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 11:47 AM

Hi

There is a price to pay for leaving the EU.

How much is dependant on the skill and ability of our negotiators.

It is not a matter of the EU doing their worst at all.

We choose to leave and become a competitor.

It really is that simple.

The EU will look after their own interests first, we would do the same.

If we leave and trade under WTO Rules, we will be better of in terms of Tariffs by a few £Billion a year on the trade in goods, simply because they sell us more goods than we sell them.

WTO Rules do not include Services and the vast majority of our trade with the EU is in services.

It is this where we lose out big time, we need to accept this and stop whinging about it.

We have no idea at the moment how much leaving is going to cost the UK, best wait and see.
I realise that there will be financial consequences as you have pointed out. However, we should differentiate between such consequences as you have mentioned and their greedy demands for outright payments as a 'leaving fee'.

They have not justified these and how they have calculated them. I believe they are just plucking figures from the air, and doing their best to threaten us in the hope that we shall just meekly agree to their demands.

I expect TM to pay them nothing. In fact, we should make counter-demands on them for such things as our contributions to their very expensive infrastructure.

If TM just folds and agrees to pay them handsomely, I hope there is a great public outcry. In fact, as I have said before, we should just walk away and stop funding them right now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Hi

I don't really care about the 'costs'. We must leave, because if we stay in it is more than likely that we shall end up as a powerless vassal state of the EU Empire.

Every one of the millions of Brits who have died over the past millennium defending our freedom would be turning in their graves. We owe it to them to get out of this mess as soon as possible and with no ties.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-07-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I realise that there will be financial consequences as you have pointed out. However, we should differentiate between such consequences as you have mentioned and their greedy demands for outright payments as a 'leaving fee'.

They have not justified these and how they have calculated them. I believe they are just plucking figures from the air, and doing their best to threaten us in the hope that we shall just meekly agree to their demands.

I expect TM to pay them nothing. In fact, we should make counter-demands on them for such things as our contributions to their very expensive infrastructure.

If TM just folds and agrees to pay them handsomely, I hope there is a great public outcry. In fact, as I have said before, we should just walk away and stop funding them right now.
Hi

Nobody knows how much the exit bill will be.

If we do as you say and just walk away without paying what is due under International Law we will bankrupt ourselves.

Nobody will do any trade deals with us and no one will lend us any money.

That is what happens when you default under International Law.

That is just sheer stupidity.

We pay what we are legally obliged to pay, not a penny more.

I have absolutely no idea at all what we are legally obliged to pay

The lawyers will have a field day on this.

We have, as a Country, signed up to loads of things as part of EU Membership.

it is just a matter of wait and see.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-07-2017, 01:54 PM

We need to start changing massively how we do things in uk, get ourselves into a healthier position. We used to make things, grow things etc we should be able to be self sufficient in many things. Never be beholden to anyone again.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top