Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 03:12 PM

Re: Do you buy British

Being in American I always look at labels to see where its from and I buy Made in USA first - I don't buy anything from Mexico or south America especially vegetables because they use pesticides that were banned in the US but ironically the US exports the pesticides to them, they spray in on their produce and it gets sent back to the US !! so I try to buy local first and made in usa next. Oh we have an international market which sells British goods so I get my MCVITIES digestives there , pickled onions, tea (twinings)
and anything that catches my eye from UK !!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 07:28 PM

Re: Do you buy British

I do try to buy British,but ,as someone pointed out ,is it really British,or just packed in Britain? When I first came to live here [some 40 odd years ago ] we had 3 butchers,3 greengrocers, a bakers, and 4 grocers stores,Milk was always delivered.Now we have a halal butchers and several little Asian shops selling a range of grocery and tired looking green grocery,Now I get everything I need under one roof in our supermarket,where good are labelled the Country they came from ,and I can take my time to examine them. At the moment milk in supermarket all seems to be marked as British

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top