Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Re: Worth a watch !!!!

Originally Posted by manasota ->

Presumably when the IRA was doing its stuff over here, you didn't decide all Catholics had to be vilified? Or maybe you did!
My Late Partner was an Irish Catholic from Cork my children are half Irish are Catholics they Vilified the IRA more than I ever did.

One of my Daughters was caught in the Aldwych bomb blast... not hurt thank god very shaken.

The Young IRA boy that blew himself up on that bus when his bomb detonated prematurely blew the lower half of his body off the Medics kept him alive for 20 minutes I wept for that boy and the futility of his cause.

I in future will never reply to any of your posts so in future please show me the same courtesy.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
My Late Partner was an Irish Catholic from Cork my children are half Irish are Catholics they Vilified the IRA more than I ever did.

One of my Daughters was caught in the Aldwych bomb blast... not hurt thank god very shaken.

The Young IRA boy that blew himself up on that bus when his bomb detonated prematurely blew the lower half of his body off the Medics kept him alive for 20 minutes I wept for that boy and the futility of his cause.

I in future will never reply to any of your posts so in future please show me the same courtesy.
Your loss, not mine, but I will reply to whatever I choose if its posted on here. That is free speech. You seem to have missed the point by a country mile, and as the comment you have picked out from my longer post was in response to someone else's and not yours, its a bit odd you taking the hump.
northwalessenior
Bangor North Wales
northwalessenior is male  northwalessenior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 10:30 PM

If you were my boss, made assumptions about me like you did, and asked me a question like that, I'd tell you what to do. If I didn't hit you first!

Mind you, it might just be a bad dream you had and none of this actually happened
Oh it was't a dream. And you sound just like the religion you're defending. If something or someone doesn't agree with you destroy it.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2014, 11:22 PM

Its fortunate for you then that the fastest growing group in this country are.........atheists!

No problem with newspapers reporting facts. Evidence based, objectively researched facts - like science - is what we rely on to make informed choices.

Unfortunately, all the god botherers - whatever the branch of superstitious mumbo jumbo they cling to - start off with non facts based on nonsense and/or bigotry. And these are then ripe for fooling and ruling by your beloved ruling class who incite them into yet greater heights of irrationality. And do so via much of our allegedly free press.

As for the 'fact' of 5.5 million muslims - even if its true, so what? If they obey national laws and pay their taxes, that's all you have to worry about.

Presumably when the IRA was doing its stuff over here, you didn't decide all Catholics had to be vilified? Or maybe you did!
mmmm I don't see many atheists blowing themselves up ..going abroad to fight for there believes. Beheading children
but there what do I know about Atheists ...?????
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 09:05 AM

Er.... that is not the crap that Tomcat has been putting on here, and you know it.

I have no illusions about the barbarous scum in Iraq who I would happily exterminate with extreme prejudice. And I have no problem recognising the threat that such people pose to us here. But I wont confuse - deliberately or otherwise - ordinary muslims, with those scum. We share the planet with over a billion people claiming to be muslims, and as an atheist I'd rather they gave up on their superstitious nonsense, the same way I wish Christians and other deluded theists would start to act and think logically. But I don't regard ordinary people as enemies just because their beliefs are irrational. To do so will not solve any problems at all.

And I have big problems with utter rubbish spewed out by the American far right who do so to serve a very particular agenda of their own. This Geller woman is a typical privileged, rich white American that you see on Fox News, saying anything that will protect their own self interest at the expense of everyone else.
I agree Simon one thing is for sure, we will not defeat muslim extremists by condemning and alienating the entire world population of moderate muslims many of whom hate the extremists as much as we do and have suffered at their hands.

Right wing propagandists (including those who post on forums) play into the hands of the extremists by helping them to divide and conquer the rest of us .

The way to defeat extremists is for moderate people of all beliefs and none to unite.

I dislike most religions and belong to none , most of them lead to extremism of one kind or another.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 11:14 AM

See, the problem occurs when a metaphorical marauding mob comes stampeding down your street, and quotes George Bush at you, "You're either with us, or against us", the chips are down, it's black and white, take it or leave it. Metaphorical moderates tend not to maraud. Immo.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top