Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

04-06-2013, 09:40 AM

Re: Free Will: Fact or Fiction?

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
How do you know I exist - how can you be sure that this isn't something you are dreaming about?

BTW - I have two nostrils
two nostril - God your queer! - well OK breath more slowly through both nostrils if you have to
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
two nostril - God your queer! - well OK breath more slowly through both nostrils if you have to
I can't - one nostrils blocked up with hay fever
mindbender
mindbender is male 

04-06-2013, 10:03 AM

I can't - one nostrils blocked up with hay fever
OMG - well remove the hay then and the fever will subside!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:05 AM

OMG - well remove the hay then and the fever will subside!
That could be a problem - the hay is packed very tightly and secondly, with all that extra oxygen, I would be posting even more as my brain power increased
mindbender
mindbender is male 

04-06-2013, 10:54 AM

That could be a problem - the hay is packed very tightly and secondly, with all that extra oxygen, I would be posting even more as my brain power increased
post away babe as long as the moderators let you!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 11:14 AM

I read the NYT column & I was intrigued, FAscinated, confused all at once.

It's at times like this I wish I was more disciplined in my reading & understanding.

I was in hospital 5 years ago . I had double pneumonia and a bladder infection. TO cap it all I had 2 heart attacks in two days. THe morphine they gave me reacted badly I went on a three day "trip" during which I was hallucinating . The horrible thing about Hallucination is that to me, all these strange & unpleasnt people & events was REAL to me..

Where did the things I was seeing come from, zombies, little people with balloons under my bed, demons & angels, old ladies hanging from the ceiling. I had no control over it. WHere was my free will?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2013, 05:11 PM

post away babe as long as the moderators let you!
Aww come on, don't let it get it to you - it'll blow over.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I read the NYT column & I was intrigued, FAscinated, confused all at once.

It's at times like this I wish I was more disciplined in my reading & understanding.

I was in hospital 5 years ago . I had double pneumonia and a bladder infection. TO cap it all I had 2 heart attacks in two days. THe morphine they gave me reacted badly I went on a three day "trip" during which I was hallucinating . The horrible thing about Hallucination is that to me, all these strange & unpleasnt people & events was REAL to me..

Where did the things I was seeing come from, zombies, little people with balloons under my bed, demons & angels, old ladies hanging from the ceiling. I had no control over it. WHere was my free will?
Strange you should mention that Robert. My mum was holidaying in Bali and she'd been given some pills or other to take and she also had similar hallucinations - she swears she could hear noises outside her bedroom window and when she went to look, there were loads of goblins under the bushes watching her! She was terrified and couldn't sleep all night.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top