Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 06:44 PM

Re: Domestic Violence

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Post 22 .......
Don't worry Patsy, I haven't much more to say when hitler has been brought into a debate it's all over really
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 07:56 PM

OK this is why I thought hard and long before starting this post to some people the wounds haven't healed. My ex husband and I divorced after 22 years and eventually I married a lovely bloke who in fact is 15 years younger than me. My wounds are well healed with no scars, although I hate being around people who drink and become drunk and start to talk loudly.

Common assault is not what my husband did to me or what lilac suffered. We were beaten and battered. Common assault could be as small as offering to shake a persons hand and when they refuse, grabbing their hand anyway. It is pushing or grabbing an arm there is no wound or bruise.

I have worked with a headmaster of a very large school who has a mental illness it is bi-polar disorder. He goes from highs to lows but most of the time he is assisted by medication and no one would ever know. However, when his wife died suddenly he became ill and arrived at the local physciatric hospital that I worked in and also some of his ex students worked in too. They were amazed to find that this man they respected and loved had a mental illness.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 08:52 PM

There's no excuse for domestic abuse. Being bipolar or depressed is not an excuse. Neither is anger management. Domestic abuse is a whole different issue and for someone to physically assault someone else has to come in to the category of being capable of ASSAULT. There's no other excuse for it. It possibly a seed that these people are born with.

Being a compassionate person may mean that you can forgive people who claim to be sick. The fact of the matter is that they are responsible for their actions. Could you actually physically hurt someone just because you were angry? I doubt it. it takes a particular person to physically hurt someone else.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 09:21 PM

Do we know exactly what happened though ? we have seen or been part of terrible abuse, was this that or was it a mentally ill person lashing out in distress ? possibly just once ? We can't surely judge every case the same because that would make the worse cases less serious and the lesser cases would be judged like severe beating.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 09:41 PM

Fair point Julie. It doesn't have to be physical abuse. Some abusers seem very down to earth and ordinary. I've someone in mind who carries on a normal life and family think he's wonderful. Its a difficult one.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 09:42 PM

Domestic violence is not always about blows-I hated my father until he died and still do. As far as I know he only beat her up once-but evil men find other ways to abuse their wives and children
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

27-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Too true OG.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Domestic violence is not always about blows-I hated my father until he died and still do. As far as I know he only beat her up once-but evil men find other ways to abuse their wives and children
You never spoke a truer word. Funny I hated my dad too and I danced on his grave. However, I walked into an abusive marriage and my daughter has had abusive relationships too (thankfully short ones)

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top