Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 07:02 PM

Re: If you could bring back a TV programme

Twin Peaks. Twin Peaks is an American television serial drama created by Mark Frost and David Lynch that premiered on April 8, 1990, on ABC. It was one of the top-rated shows of 1990, but declining ratings led to its cancellation after its second season in 1991. It nonetheless captured a cult following and has been referenced in a wide variety of media. In subsequent years, Twin Peaks has often been ranked as one of the greatest television dramas ever made.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by shadowman ->
twin peaks. Twin peaks is an american television serial drama created by mark frost and david lynch that premiered on april 8, 1990, on abc. It was one of the top-rated shows of 1990, but declining ratings led to its cancellation after its second season in 1991. It nonetheless captured a cult following and has been referenced in a wide variety of media. In subsequent years, twin peaks has often been ranked as one of the greatest television dramas ever made.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 07:07 PM

Lovejoy,Minder,Bergerac,Rockford Files,Softly softly,The Saint,The Sweeney,Farscape,Due South.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
For me it would definitely be Fringe series 6
Coincidentally, I ordered and received the full 5 series box set of Fringe just before Christmas after reading so many positive reviews about the show. Haven't started watching it so right now Disc 1 has just gone into the machine.

I feel like I'm about to see something like X-Files for the very first time only way better. I hope so !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Till death us do part
Lost in space
Rockford files
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:35 PM

Callan - the reluctant assassin for British Intelligence brought out of retirement to continue his `craft`.

Public Eye - about the downtrodden private eye Frank Marker

Both fine series' from the 60s and 70s.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:40 PM

Love Thy Neighbour. That would shake things up a little in our world of political correctness wouldn't it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Lovejoy,Minder,Bergerac,Rockford Files,Softly softly,The Saint,The Sweeney,Farscape,Due South.
Yes, The Sweeney. I never missed an episode.

Then they ended that series and replaced it with The Bill.

What a boring programme! I suspect that as society changed round about that time, The Sweeney was considered too 'rough' and someone in charge decided they wanted a much more PC series to fit in with public expectations.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:48 PM

Some of these TV re-run `requests` are already shown on TV - The Sweeney is on one of the Freeview channels as is The Avengers (True TV channel)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, The Sweeney. I never missed an episode.

Then they ended that series and replaced it with The Bill.

What a boring programme! I suspect that as society changed round about that time, The Sweeney was considered too 'rough' and someone in charge decided they wanted a much more PC series to fit in with public expectations.
Oh JBR, you should have bypassed The Bill and watched Life On Mars, Now that was a class programme.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top