Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 12:37 AM

Re: Shout it out: Brexit is good for us!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Unfortunately, the country is divided and always has been, at least since the war.

I have said it before: unlike just about every other country I am aware of, our workers and our managers just cannot seem able to work together.

And don't even think about our politicians pulling together.

In fact, with attitudes like that, I am surprised that we can still claim to be the world's fifth richest economy.

Just think what we could achieve if we could all pull together.
I think you have nailed it here. The Tory party in particular was always ambivalent about Europe the Labour party only marginally less so. If Britain had embraced Europe from the start and taken part fully in decision making then it, along with Germany and France, could have made Europe work for it.

Instead Britain bickered over minor issues (The Yes Minister episode on the "British Sausage" while comedic illustrated this stupidity perfectly) and effectively sidelined themselves from taking part so instead of leading they were merely dragged along by a nation with vision and effective leadership.

The other sad fact is that as the world's fifth largest economy (I presume that is true) that wealth doesn't seem to have trickled down to the general population if what I read in here and in the newspapers is accurate.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 03:19 AM

Hi

Our politicians are unfortunately still arguing publicly.

An attack on Hammond by Boris.

Juncker and Co must be laughing their heads off.

Brexit has become a fight amongst the Government as to who is going to be next PM, not what is best for the UK.

We have a lot to learn from other Countries.

Many Countries do not have our traditional two party system, they have coalition Governments.

They work together, in the best interests of the Country.

We also have a constant battle between employers and Unions.

We have a lot to learn from other Countries.

The Netherlands, coalition Government, no employment laws passed with the agreement of both the employers and unions.

They work together, we fight.

Germany is the same, Japan has employers and workers councils.

We have so much to gain, but for some bizarre reason we choose not to.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

The other sad fact is that as the world's fifth largest economy (I presume that is true) that wealth doesn't seem to have trickled down to the general population if what I read in here and in the newspapers is accurate.
It was trickling down until the crash in 2008. Since then everyone has suffered, but mostly those with the least.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think you have nailed it here. The Tory party in particular was always ambivalent about Europe the Labour party only marginally less so. If Britain had embraced Europe from the start and taken part fully in decision making then it, along with Germany and France, could have made Europe work for it.

Instead Britain bickered over minor issues (The Yes Minister episode on the "British Sausage" while comedic illustrated this stupidity perfectly) and effectively sidelined themselves from taking part so instead of leading they were merely dragged along by a nation with vision and effective leadership.

Oh, it's not just about the EU. It's much more widespread than that.

We Brits fight about everything. The 1970s and union disputes, etc, were bad, but it still goes on although not in such a public way.

Why is it that we alone cannot work together. That's what I don't understand.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 12:07 PM

Hi

Yet another example of our stupidity.

Liam Fox is on the rant again.

Yet another example of the divisions in the Cabinet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40767023

What part of this does he not understand?

Immediately after Brexit and Theresa May becoming the new PM, they were briefed by the professionals.

This is what you need to do to control the Borders.

Costings and timescales.

£700 million up front, then £400 Million a year, timescale, 3 years if you start now.

If you want it in the 2 years of Article 50, you need to chuck money at it, another £300 to £400 million up front.

Kicked into touch by the Government, now the chickens have come home to roost.

The Government simply cannot deliver, in spite of all their bluff.

Liam and Boris can rant and rave all they want, but it will not happen.

It is like my ambulance to hospital. due this morning, now still waiting, they need a bed, none available.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yet another example of our stupidity.

Liam Fox is on the rant again.

Yet another example of the divisions in the Cabinet.

If you want it in the 2 years of Article 50, you need to chuck money at it, another £300 to £400 million up front.
But he's right. One of the main reasons why most people voted for Brexit was to stop free movement of EU citizens.

I don't really care if it costs us more, we should leave completely in 2019. That's what the majority of voters wanted.

£300 to £400 million is a fraction of what the corrupt EU is demanding. What is it presently, £100 billion?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top