Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 06:51 AM

Re: Not going well for Trade deals.

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I think you'll find there are a disproportionate number of Muslim slaughter men working in NZ slaughterhouses.

It has caused controversy in NZ with muslims gaining seniority quicker than non-muslims

An Islamic prayer MUST be chanted ' Bismallah' ( In the name of God), by a muslim slaugterman with the animal's head facing the qiblah ( The Direction), which, of course is the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca.

Consequently, and because at least 25% of NZ meat goes to Islamic countries , there are many Muslims employed by NZ slaughter houses.
Hi

No different to here in the UK Moscow.

I could not give a damn about any prayers said over an animal.

My only concern is that the animal is unconscious and feels no pain.

Religious Mumbo Jungo is nothing to me.

Muslim Slaughter allows for the animal to be unconscious when it is killed.

Jewish Slaughter does not, the animal must be conscious when it's throat is slit.

I object to that, big time.

It is my view, that as Omnivores, we should respect the animals that we eat and cause them the minimal amount of suffering.

This means stopping Kosher Slaughter.

Stop this here in the UK and Halal would be no issue.

Kosher Meat enters the food chain unlabeled, I object to that, I think it is a Barbaric Practice.

It is much worse than Halal, where animals can be stunned and unconscious when killed.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Are you seriously suggesting that NZ has enough Muslim slaughtermen to kill most of the 20 million lambs slaughtered in NZ each year?
Yes, even the MIA report boasts that every NZ slaughter house has the facility for Halal slaughter.

It's probably cheaper to kill all lamb by Halal than use different slaughter methods for different countries. They don't label it halal for countries that don't insist on labelling but 70% of NZ lamb sold in UK supermarkets was Halal.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 07:00 AM

Using terms like 'your sort' shows the shallowness and prejudice behind your comments.
Actually, the "your sort" part was tongue in cheek mimicking the way your Brexiter chum JBR referred to me, "I said I wouldn't bother to interact with you and your sort."

But of course, because he agrees with your opinions, you obviously didn't feel the need to remark on the shallowness and prejudice behind his comments.

I think "your sort" is going to be my favourite reactionary expression of the week, a classic from JBR.
twizzle
somerset

11-04-2018, 07:06 AM

I don't know of a single Brexiteer who is overly concerned about the decision to Leave the EU.

You need to look closer to home to find the source of the squealing you refer to.
Brexiters won't admit concern, obviously, most are too arrogant for that. But plenty of defensive squealing about everything getting blamed on Brexit from many of them, including you.

You voted for it, the consequences of that vote are your fault, we are entitled to blame you, live with it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Actually, the "your sort" part was tongue in cheek mimicking the way your Brexiter chum JBR referred to me, "I said I wouldn't bother to interact with you and your sort."

But of course, because he agrees with your opinions, you obviously didn't feel the need to remark on the shallowness and prejudice behind his comments.

I think "your sort" is going to be my favourite reactionary expression of the week, a classic from JBR.
Hi

A personal view.

This site used to be the best for discussion.

It has now turned into a slanging match.

Remainiacs and Brexshitters.

Both terms I object to.

We voted, by a very narrow majority to leave.

That is Democracy, we accept it and move on.

We have not left yet, it is business as usual, so no, the Sky has not fallen in.

It will remain so until the end of the Transition Period.

We are not leaving on the 31st March next year, we are paying in until the end of 2020.

We will not be saving any money whatsoever by leaving.

That myth has gone, the ship has sailed already.

The International Money Markets have spoken, the £ has been devalued, life is costing us more.

The EU have not caved in, we are not having our Cake and Eating it.

The myth of quick Trade Deals has vanished, we have complaints to the WTO which will take years to resolve.

On the other side, we are free to tread our own path.

We will no longer be subsidising Germany and Luxembourg, we will no longer need to be part of an EU Army.

Our future is now ours, to do with as we will.

It is a Golden Opportunity to develop the sort of Country that we want.

I am however sadly disappointed by our Politicians and their response to this.

We have lost a lot of regular posters because of this rabid tit for tat.

I would like to see them back.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

no different to here in the uk moscow.

I could not give a damn about any prayers said over an animal.

My only concern is that the animal is unconscious and feels no pain.

Religious mumbo jungo is nothing to me.

Muslim slaughter allows for the animal to be unconscious when it is killed.

Jewish slaughter does not, the animal must be conscious when it's throat is slit.

I object to that, big time.

It is my view, that as omnivores, we should respect the animals that we eat and cause them the minimal amount of suffering.

This means stopping kosher slaughter.

Stop this here in the uk and halal would be no issue.

Kosher meat enters the food chain unlabeled, i object to that, i think it is a barbaric practice.

It is much worse than halal, where animals can be stunned and unconscious when killed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A personal view.

This site used to be the best for discussion.

It has now turned into a slanging match.

Remainiacs and Brexshitters.

Both terms I object to.

We voted, by a very narrow majority to leave.

That is Democracy, we accept it and move on.

We have not left yet, it is business as usual, so no, the Sky has not fallen in.

It will remain so until the end of the Transition Period.

We are not leaving on the 31st March next year, we are paying in until the end of 2020.

We will not be saving any money whatsoever by leaving.

That myth has gone, the ship has sailed already.

The International Money Markets have spoken, the £ has been devalued, life is costing us more.

The EU have not caved in, we are not having our Cake and Eating it.

The myth of quick Trade Deals has vanished, we have complaints to the WTO which will take years to resolve.

On the other side, we are free to tread our own path.

We will no longer be subsidising Germany and Luxembourg, we will no longer need to be part of an EU Army.

Our future is now ours, to do with as we will.

It is a Golden Opportunity to develop the sort of Country that we want.

I am however sadly disappointed by our Politicians and their response to this.

We have lost a lot of regular posters because of this rabid tit for tat.

I would like to see them back.
If it is of any consolation, I have resolved to no longer interact with Twizzle (and some others of like mind. but especially her).

I am happy to discuss things politely and sensibly, though I am quite happy to include some sarcasm in a humorous sort of way. However, when I hear offensive comments I am quite able to respond in kind.

Avoiding certain people will certainly save me a lot of time too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Well personally I'm reserving my worry for after we leave, at the rate it's going we may be at war before that and eating meat that's been treated with chemicals may be least of our worries.

I agree about lack of polite debate the forum used to be known as a friendly place to talk, it's not any more.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-04-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well personally I'm reserving my worry for after we leave, at the rate it's going we may be at war before that and eating meat that's been treated with chemicals may be least of our worries.
I think that's down to our politicians. I have a nasty feeling that May is about to involve us in something we don't have any business in. B Liar was even worse.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree about lack of polite debate the forum used to be known as a friendly place to talk, it's not any more.
It depends on who you talk to.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Brexiters won't admit concern, obviously, most are too arrogant for that. But plenty of defensive squealing about everything getting blamed on Brexit from many of them, including you.

You voted for it, the consequences of that vote are your fault, we are entitled to blame you, live with it.
You really are a hypocritical laugh a minute eh?
You're a glowing example of arrogance in the extreme.

Keep it coming, you're always good for a giggle.....

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top