Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Re: How close are you to your pet?

Max gets the run of the house and follows me around like - well like a dog.
I go to the loo, he guards the door. I sit in the garden with a beer, he is there. Watch television........

He has his own bed where he sleeps overnight. If I am in the lounge and he wants to rest.........

cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Missy my black moggie is my shadow and I, like others who are owned by a cat, am her humble servant. She sleeps on the foot of my bed - among other places she condescends to lay her head. When I stand up she tries to get to where I'm going, first. All the time glancing back to ensure I really am going in that direction. Sometimes trying to wind herself around my stick. I have warned her that if she trips me neither of us will like it because I'm heavier than she. Missy is sixteen now, it would break my heart to lose her but I hope she goes before me because she is a one person cat and no one would love her as I do.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:18 PM

Cassie, my last cat had the run of the house and her own door (cat flap) to come and go as she pleased. The only room she was never allowed in was the bathroom.

Her wooden replica now rests on a stepping stone in my garden.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Does it have the run of the house or are there restrictions?

Do you let it sleep in your bed?
Has anyone made the "we aren't getting married if that's what you mean" joke yet?

Dog never sleeps in our bedroom. No way. He's a corgi, not a lapdog anyway. Hes got a nice bed in the loungeroom.

He gets a good deal. he's spoilt but I do think sometimes a better dog handler might teach him more interesting things to do. Also he misses out on a big family. Just me and the missus. Hes really precious to us.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:30 PM

I have two cats and whilst I am definitely not “the boss” in my own house they have restrictions. They are only allowed in the office when I am in there and bedrooms are off limits.
They do have an electronic cat flap though so can come and go as they please 24/7
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Are we supposed to believe there was no vermin in Guernsey before the German Occupation?
There were a lot of English pig dogs who never surrendered
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:33 PM

Our pets aren’t ‘its’
Dogs drool but ours RULE
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 10:18 PM

Ours enjoys a daily afternoon siesta on the bed.Although all is not what it may seem.Some days we can find chewed up bits of stick.
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 05:49 PM

My Gimli has been with me since I raised him with the bottle, 12 ears ago.
Gimli is an indoor cat.
No, he is not allowed in the kitchen, he does not sleep in the bed.
But I love him to bits.

Since diagnosed diabetes he comes with us when we re-enact on medieval markets (needs to get his insulin twice a day), he steals the show.
Just by lingering in his willow basket.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top