Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 07:36 PM

Re: Annoying ads in between posts

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Problem is Artangel there are so many of them that they are interfering with reading the posts. Just about every post has an advert before or after it One or two now and then is OK but this is getting ridiculous. IMO it is spoiling this site.
Aerolor, I have Adblock installed so maybe that’s why l can’t see the problem.

I do get adverts for Russian women, though!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Problem is Artangel there are so many of them that they are interfering with reading the posts. Just about every post has an advert before or after it One or two now and then is OK but this is getting ridiculous. IMO it is spoiling this site.
They are & some are even in the post a person has posted too. It is getting ridiculous.
If they can't be toned down I'm going to put the Adblocker back.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just subscribe a few quid to Azz and the forum, and all the adds disappear.....I love this forum and reckon being a member is worth paying a few quid for.....
Too true Foxy, no more ads, plus the fact that your PM box never fills up, well worth it.
And we all know what goes on in the supporters room don’t we, you can rely on me my lips are sealed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Too true Foxy, no more ads, plus the fact that your PM box never fills up, well worth it.
And we all know what goes on in the supporters room don’t we, you can rely on me my lips are sealed.
I reckon it's well worth it Jem, a tenner a year is not too much to ask when you think how much people will pay for TV subscriptions and then hardly make use of it.....
And I bet there are many members buying lottery tickets that will never win....

There's a pint of Guinness waiting for you in the supporters room Jem, and Azz has just put t' kettle on.....I hope those chocolate digestives are still in the drawer....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:12 PM

Hi all,

Google has made changes to their ad system where they now automatically determine where and what kind of ads to show I'm not sure whether they are still offering the old style of ads but unfortunately I do not have time to find out or make changes to the code at present.

What I've done instead is halve the price of our supporters packages (ads are disabled for supporting members). I have also added an extra year for any existing supporter - so you don't lose out

The new prices are (per year):

Silver - £5
Gold - £12
Diamond - £25

Hope that helps and sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope you're all keeping well and behaving for Meg and Mags

xx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:19 PM

Thanks Azz

I promise if I get a job soon, I shall contribute. Well worth the money.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:20 PM

Cheers Azz, worth it for the best forum on the net....
Meg and Mags do a brilliant job, they'll get no hassle from me, I wouldn't dare.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-11-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Azz

I promise if I get a job soon, I shall contribute. Well worth the money.
Short of bin men up here Longy.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Short of bin men up here Longy.....
It's a bit of a commute OGF. I might just copy & paste your little 'present' symbol.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the information Azz.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top