Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 12:32 AM

Re: How do keep a house tidy

My wife and I have been purging junk from the house for the last few months. We have been in this house for about 25 years and the junk collects. We have everything in good shape except for one room and it is in the works. I take care of the kitchen and I am a nut for keeping it clean and organized. I love a clean kitchen.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 09:16 AM

I tidy as I go along so it rarely gets messy....I hate chaos ...I couldn't relax in a dirty or chaotic house. I'm always confused why it's considered cool not to care as if there is some sort of esteem in that....I don't see that at all.

It's each to their own though....what's good for one is not for another I know that. I have a filing cabinet for paperwork in a small office so I bung stuff in there then have a clear out every now and then.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 02:35 PM

Hi

After a few days of the bug the house is looking a mess.

I do not like it.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 05:05 PM

There was a time when family homes were built with plenty of Cupboard Space and Wardrobes, often a Library and Study
Also an Attic and a Cellar, as well as a Larder in the kitchen and a Back Porch.

Now on Estates, tiny minimalist houses are built still costing £350.000 and children's bedrooms cluttered with masses of toys and Computer games.

If you are creative, you accumulate lots of materials for your work or hobby, so do need to have them on hand.

I have noticed that people with very untidy cluttered desks, know where everything is, and do not want them tidied up.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 06:18 PM

I am not untidy, I am a hoarder.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060483.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	12509  
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Hoarding is not untidy I agree.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Hoarding is not untidy I agree.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How do people keep their houses tidy ?

Mine is in a constant state of disarray .

The worst aspect ( apart from us ) Is piles of stuff ie paperwork .

What do other people do with it all?

And everyday it’s the same !

How to you all keep a serine tidy house

How much time to people generally spend tidying every day ?

I clean and tidy every day....but then I do love housework....my house is small and minimal in every room....I can not stand clutter...

I have 4 filing cabinets in the loft,with all of my paperwork...all paper mail is sorted as soon as soon as it comes through the letterbox...junk mail goes straight into the bin...

I also Hoover quite a lot through the day...because I have a jack Russel,who is constantly shedding hair...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->

A very clean and tidy hoarder I must say.

I have been watching hoarders on amazon prime...you would actually think they had brought the tip into their homes...many homes are condemned ,appalling conditions these people live in...very sad indeed...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 10:17 PM

Things are getting worse .
As the sun is shining I can’t be doing with housework .
I have the garden to keep tidy .
Mr M was out doing a bit of DIY ( he hates DIY)
I noticed he has left out screw drivers screw bits and pieces and other crap .
Then I notice several carrots on the lawn .
I put them back in the veg rack .
Soon they were out again being munched by Mr Mungo .
What with old bones ( left strategically for me to stub my toes on) and headless toys it looked a complete mess .
Between the two of them how can I keep anything tidy ?

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top