Join for free
Page 522 of 1010 « First < 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 572 622 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Originally Posted by lilac ->
In the post Uncle Joe..

It's so cold here at the mo..we are eating comfort food..
I ALWAYS eat comfort food darlin' !!! - not into salads (rabbit food) and the word DIET does not appear in my lexicon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Full up after eating:

Chicken, ham, sausagemeat and stuffing, carrot, broc, 2 little yorkies, and roasties...potato, sweet potato, parsnip, and khol rabi.

And a small glass of fizzy NAS dandelion and burdock. Yum.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Full up after eating:

Chicken, ham, sausagemeat and stuffing, carrot, broc, 2 little yorkies, and roasties...potato, sweet potato, parsnip, and khol rabi.

And a small glass of fizzy NAS dandelion and burdock. Yum.
You still need a decent 'pudding' too Jan darlin' - like f'r instance rhubarb crumble & Custard!!!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 07:47 PM

That's not just a dinner - that's a banquet!

We had a piece of chicken and bubble and squeak
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Roast lamb..french beans..spring greens..and Jersey royals..

I haven't forgone the pudding though..I made a jam roly poly with custard..
I remember, when I was a young girl, and mum made jam roily poly, or spotted dick, it was made using 'real' fresh suet, (sadly very difficult to obtain nowadays as most butchers buy their carcasses 'ready dressed') it was my job to prepare and chop the suet. She would wrap it in a bread wrapper and a clean tea towel then lower it into simmering water. The print on the bread wrapper would always transfer itself to the outside of the pud, and they always seemed to have a white layer before the 'pud' part. No idea what it was but it does not happen with the packet shredded stuff.

Come to think of it, we had roast chicken today, and was going to add the left over breast diced with carotts and peas to a white sauce and make a pie, maybe will make a suet crust?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 01:27 AM

Last week I ordered some 'zip-lok' bags from Amazon, which came from Lakeland along with their catalogue, and earlier this evening I was flicking through and spotted some little shakers of stuff to add to pop corn but cannot recall who it was is obsessed with the stuff. They come in four flavours, but can only recall two atm, chocolate, and cheese&chilli.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-05-2014, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Last week I ordered some 'zip-lok' bags from Amazon, which came from Lakeland along with their catalogue, and earlier this evening I was flicking through and spotted some little shakers of stuff to add to pop corn but cannot recall who it was is obsessed with the stuff. They come in four flavours, but can only recall two atm, chocolate, and cheese&chilli.

DM, since you, like me, are into suet big time, have you ever made and eaten a bacon pudding??? make the suet pastry, roll it out flat, cover it in (streaky) bacon, sprinkle on sage & onion stuffing mix and roll it up in foil/pudding cloth, tie it up in string to seal it tight nand either boil/steam for approx 90 mins or until cooked through - its fabulous!!! and REAL comfort food.

BTW, it was Mark & Rachel who are into pop-corn big time.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2014, 05:25 PM

Today we had, Cheese, Onion & Ham Omelette with oven baked cubed potatoes with spices and bake beans.

Tonight we are having Bacon Roll.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

26-05-2014, 06:20 PM

Well the pie is in the oven, ordinary rough puff pastry I am afraid, had used up suet on last lot of dumplings, to be served with new pots and French beans followed by sugar free strawberry jelly and Elmlea.

Oh, and UJ, my mum also used to make the bacon and onion pudding, there are several versions, and many southern counties lay claim to the 'clanger', which canbe made either mixing the pre-cooked bacon and onions etc to the dry pudding mix before adding liquid,then wrapping in grease proof and a cloth or you can make the pastry, roll it out, add the bacon onion mix and roll up like Swiss roll and again wrap and steam/simmer/bake.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-05-2014, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Well the pie is in the oven, ordinary rough puff pastry I am afraid, had used up suet on last lot of dumplings, to be served with new pots and French beans followed by sugar free strawberry jelly and Elmlea.

Oh, and UJ, my mum also used to make the bacon and onion pudding, there are several versions, and many southern counties lay claim to the 'clanger', which canbe made either mixing the pre-cooked bacon and onions etc to the dry pudding mix before adding liquid,then wrapping in grease proof and a cloth or you can make the pastry, roll it out, add the bacon onion mix and roll up like Swiss roll and again wrap and steam/simmer/bake.

Yes DM - 'Dragon' used to do it this way!!! - real comfort food.

Page 522 of 1010 « First < 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 572 622 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top