Join for free
Page 55 of 56 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 06:16 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Durham chief constable under investigation over handling of Dominic Cummings probe

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...tion-handling/
The police chief who carried out the investigation into Dominic Cummings is now facing an inquiry over her force’s handling of the matter, The Telegraph can reveal.

Durham Police have received a number of complaints from members of the public angry at the way the investigation was dealt with.

The complaints came after the force announced that Mr Cummings might have committed a minor breach of the lockdown rules when he drove to Barnard Castle on Easter Sunday.

It is understood some of the complaints are against Durham’s Chief Constable, Jo Farrell, who was appointed to the top job last summer.

The complaints have been passed to the Force’s professional standards department and they will now be assessed before a decision is made whether to take the matters further.
Nothing will come of it but the complaints show that people are still disgusted at Cummings' behaviour and the lack of any official censure,
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 07:06 PM

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, When there are approx 45 million people in the U.K. eligible to sign the petition. That figure of signatures is hardly a result.

More like a spit in the ocean, if you ask me!
When you take into consideration the fact that it usually takes less than ten people to make an official complaint to local councils, the BBC, government watchdogs, the police for them to act and investigate, having a petition of 1 million people agreeing that Cummings should be sacked, is of immense importance.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 07:16 PM

I have to say that I'm delighted with the number of contributions to this thread - 541 replies and 6,757 views .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Brilliant! And oh so VERY true!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I have to say that I'm delighted with the number of contributions to this thread - 541 replies and 6,757 views .....
That's because it became a source of amusement so very early on.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-05-2020, 07:45 PM

Constituents bombard MPs with tens of thousands of emails over Dominic Cummings

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...minic-cummings

A Guardian analysis covering 117 MPs found they have received a total of 31,738 emails since a joint Guardian and Daily Mirror investigation a week ago divulged that Cummings had travelled to County Durham and taken a trip to a beauty spot with his family after suffering coronavirus symptoms.

If that level of correspondence was reflected across all 650 MPs, it would suggest the revelations may have sparked as many as 180,000 items of correspondence. The numbers were either provided in response to the Guardian’s request for figures, or in statements MPs had released to constituents.

Several Conservative MPs in marginal seats said they had received more than 1,000 emails about Cummings, in some cases dwarfing their majority. While the average number of emails each MP got was 271, the Tory MPs analysed by the Guardian received 590 each on average.

Sir Roger Gale, Conservative MP for North Thanet, who was among the first to say Cummings’ job was no longer tenable, said: “I’ve had between 700 and 800 emails, and half of those are constituents, half of those are from other people. About 85% are critical [of him], and 15% think I’m the devil incarnate.

“Not one has been computer-generated, they are all individual observations. This is not about Brexit, or a Labour party campaign, none of this is orchestrated.”

Diana Johnson, Labour MP for Hull North since 2005, said: “Other than Brexit, this is the biggest postbag I’ve had for many years. And it’s still coming in.”
They're only numbers but they're mostly AGAINST Cummings.

I have yet to be made aware, by Cummings' supporters, of sources which can provide equivalent and equal numbers FOR Cummings.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-05-2020, 07:49 PM

..... and another 2 posts have arrived ..... but I am unable to read them .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-05-2020, 08:31 PM

Never mind, you've given us a good laugh once we realised you weren't serious and just posting things as a giggle!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 08:49 PM

Constituents bombard MPs with tens of thousands of emails over Dominic Cummings

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...minic-cummings

They're only numbers but they're mostly AGAINST Cummings.

I have yet to be made aware, by Cummings' supporters, of sources which can provide equivalent and equal numbers FOR Cummings.
There wont be many Omah, because that is a London centric
remainer tactic isnt it??

Donkeyman! 😀😀

Page 55 of 56 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top