Join for free
Page 565 of 1676 « First < 65 465 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 575 615 665 1065 1565 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 09:23 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Lovely letter that RJ, the author has great skill in squeezing in as much precise information as possible into the letter, a skill that I’m afraid is on the way out with todays technology, is it any wonder the postman was awaited with eagerness on weekday mornings, a letter like that was like switching on the news and having a personal interest in it, great old times. Thanks for letting us in on it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:09 PM

Car, 1933, where was the Hamper?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:58 PM

Car 1933, that made me think of car 54 where are yooo! with the longfella from the Addams Family in it, can never think of his name, but you were too young to remember that old TV series Spitty.
It hasn’t stopped raining here for two days and two nights, I’ve heard of April showers but this is ridiculous, all the racing has been called off in the UK except for that sand tracked punters graveyard- Wolverhampton.
We have sterner horses over here, they don’t mind the muck and a drop of water on their backs, and the Irish Grand National goes ahead as planned today, one would need to be good at praying and have a piece of the true cross in one's back pocket to pick the winner of that race.

It really is a miserable looking day out there as I look out the window.
Watching Joan Hickson as Miss Marple on Drama TV, she was my favourite Marple.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:05 AM

Enough is enough.

Here are some inspiring words.

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 11:26 AM

That speech showed great insight, there wasn't even a Niff of Digital in the air back then.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-04-2018, 11:38 AM

And then there were none.
Methinks it’s best to stick to the scribbling and less of the quibbling.

A thought came into my head earlier, but it’s gone now, it couldn’t stand the solitary confinement.

And now for another parable in the wake Easter week.

A scribbler went out to sow his word
Some were sensible and some were absurd
Most were eaten by a big wild bird
Who left behind an enormous turd.

From this turd there grew a tree
With branches strong and free
Spreading tripe for all to see
Without any malice or mystery.

Charlie Chan he say “When one is at the latter end of the walking stick, one hopes the rambler will avoid shitty ground”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-04-2018, 11:57 AM

Well, wherever he is, and what ever he's doing Miss Blanche, one thing is certain, from now on, neither of us should leave your side for a moment............ever.

Charley Farley.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:06 PM

Good Morning lovely people.
All will settle soon.
I am still with you - I know I don't count.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-04-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good Morning lovely people.
All will settle soon.
I am still with you - I know I don't count.
“I know I don’t count” Now don’t you start moaning Sweetie, your not the moaning type, you are a ray of sunshine amongst us scribblers and long may you shine.

At the grandsons 18 birthday bash the other night there was as expected mostly all young people, most of the music played by the DJ I never heard before, but fair play to him there was an old bloke with an organ type thing hired and we had an hour of the 60’s 70’s and 80’s stuff, followed by folks getting up to sing, one old lad made a complete hash of Cliff Richard’s “Girl, you’ll be a Woman soon”, not sure if that’s the name of the song but you’ll probably know the one I mean, not an easy song to sing accompanied by an organ and not to be risked unless you are a good confident singer, I’ve seen dozens of men and women in the past make an ass of themselves trying to sing “Unchained Melody”
Anyway what is a woman soon? I know a “Mon soon is it a tempestuous Scottish man, maybe it’s a WOM monsoon, a shit stirring woman, who knows, anyway it was a great night out.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:01 PM

I was not moaning Jem- just being silly.
I am so glad your Grandson had a wonderful Birthday.
Gosh I can remember my 18th, I invited 50 friends, and 150 arrived!!!!!

Here is a something a little different for you all.

Page 565 of 1676 « First < 65 465 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 575 615 665 1065 1565 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top