Join for free
Page 58 of 79 « First < 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 01:50 PM

Re: Murder by Police - George Floyd

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
noooooooooooooo.......todger......
Putting guns out on the streets is not the answer whoever holds one.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Maybe arming OUR police would be a better measure for us.

After all if guns are banned all it means is that guns are going to be in the hands of scum. Goodness knows that's what is happening in this country.
I agree with that.

I have explained before that whenever the routine arming of our police is mentioned, the do-gooders insist that it doesn't work in America. (I disagree with that, but let's just leave that for the moment.)

What they always fail to mention is that every other European police force is routinely armed. Do they cite examples of that situation causing problems? No, because there aren't any, or at least I have yet to hear of any.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We have millions more months to feed as it is, we need to reduce the UK population by draining the swamp and not replace them.

The UK CHINESE are NOT our Problem, let them sort themselves out.
Say no more Todgy 👍👍👍

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree with that.

I have explained before that whenever the routine arming of our police is mentioned, the do-gooders insist that it doesn't work in America. (I disagree with that, but let's just leave that for the moment.)

What they always fail to mention is that every other European police force is routinely armed. Do they cite examples of that situation causing problems? No, because there aren't any, or at least I have yet to hear of any.
Very good point JBR, Why??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 02:23 PM

I agree with that.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Very good point JBR, Why??
Presumably because it doesn't fit in with their ideals.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 05:16 PM

I agree with that.

Isn't that because their citizens can legally own guns and are far less restricted than the UK?

Switzerland has more firearms, per capita, than almost any other country.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 05:24 PM

But has only a population of about 8.5 million.
Less than London .
The Swiss are incredibly law abiding too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Isn't that because their citizens can legally own guns and are far less restricted than the UK?

Switzerland has more firearms, per capita, than almost any other country.
Isn't that something to do with the swiss army letting soldiers keep their guns at home? They used to also have a higher suicide rate as a result and the boss of a friend who used to work over there committed suicide at home using a military gun he kept because of their strange regulations. Their regulations may have changed now.

Over here it seems that the opposition to routine gun use is mainly from the force itself is it not?
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But has only a population of about 8.5 million.
Less than London .
The Swiss are incredibly law abiding too.
With an estimated 2 million guns.

My point is that even Switzerland has some relaxed gun laws and that many countries allow their citizens to own guns so it makes sense to arm their police.

I don't think the UK is ready for the wholesale arming of our forces nor needed, yet.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 06:21 PM

Switzerland also has military service for young people. I know a lot if Swiss people who hang their guns on the wall as an ornament. Its compulsory there to have a gun serviceable complete with ammo ...

A lot of the laws in Switzerland are very draconian which might explain why crime is so low over there.

I left my phone on a table outside a pub on a busy Saturday evening in Barfusserplatz in Basel. When I returned an hour later it was still there.

Great place Switzerland ill be back there before Christmas hopefully.

Me and Mrs Bread have shotguns by the way. They are in the gun safe on the house complete with over 1000 cartridges ready to go. If you give sensible people a gun they tend to behave sensibly with them. If you give a person with mental health problems a gun, likewise they tend to do crazy things..... we need to stop giving people guns who have mental health problems.

Thats my 2 cents....

Page 58 of 79 « First < 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top