Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 02:49 PM

Re: PC or laptop that is the question?

That is a nice design, but the price.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Here is a link to it. Looks like USB2. Note the price.
http://www.banggood.com/Dual-SATA-HD...b-p-77950.html
It may not be important to you but I think I'd want to take advantage of the USB 3.0 speeds the new computer is capable of.

This version of the docking station sold by Amazon says it's USB 3.0. I'm not sure if this just means it reads USB devices at USB 3.0 speeds or if connects to the computer at the faster data transfer rate. That question could be asked of one of the other buyers ('Customer Questions & Answers' heading).

If the connection from the device to the computer is USB 3.0, it might be worth consideration. True it would be a waste the £16 already spent but I've wasted much more money than that in my time.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 12:31 PM

Now that is strange, as it looks like an identical item at twice the price from Amazon.
In the description it does say comparable to USB 3. ??
Banggood also do a cheaper version by a couple of £ with a different cheaper looking power supply.
More research needed?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 03:46 PM

Now that is strange, as it looks like an identical item at twice the price from Amazon.
In the description it does say comparable to USB 3. ?
Yes, identical appearance but different inside I'd say.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 03:56 PM

is this the same one Mart a lot cheaper if it is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-In-One...item2c9b7213c7
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

25-07-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->

Thanks.. I am not a happy bunny.
I have bought loads of stuff from Banggood, when I saw that I ordered one last Sunday. Of course it comes from HK, and I expect it will take at least another week before I get it.
And I could have got it cheaper. Arrrrrg.
As for the one from Amazon having different internals for USB3, somehow I can't see that. A miss print maybe?
Mart.
You are right. I have done some searching, and the front of the Amazon one is different and has 2 USB 3 ports.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 04:59 PM

Thanks.. I am not a happy bunny.
I have bought loads of stuff from Banggood, when I saw that I ordered one last Sunday. Of course it comes from HK, and I expect it will take at least another week before I get it.
And I could have got it cheaper. Arrrrrg.
As for the one from Amazon having different internals for USB3, somehow I can't see that. A miss print maybe?
sorry about that Emjay but it would pay you to look on E-bay first, I find they are best on prices.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

25-07-2015, 07:41 PM

sorry about that Emjay but it would pay you to look on E-bay first, I find they are best on prices.
Yes I know and I do buy from eBay often.
But I just did not think that eBay were doing them. My wrong.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

25-07-2015, 07:51 PM

Mart.
You are right. I have done some searching, and the front of the Amazon one is different and has 2 USB 3 ports.
Yes, looks as if the company uses the same basic box for their whole range of docks.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

25-07-2015, 08:18 PM

If you look at an expanded rear view of the one on Amazon, The port says USB 3.0/2.0. This would likely be the port that connects to the computer's USB 3.0 socket. USB 3.0 has a faster data transfer rate. The one on Ebay looks to be USB 2.0 only.

I'd personally go for the one on Amazon, although EMjay could wait to see if the one that arrives from Banggood is satisfactory enough for requirements.

Edit: The £24.99 one that says, 'Supports 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch SATA and IDE hard drives.Compatible Operating Systems with Windows 2000/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 or above.'

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top