Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Re: Central Heating

Well my central heating went on yesterday - I have a rotten cold, am shivering, aching and feeling thoroughly sorry for myself
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Done all that! They've been written to by letting agency (who were not obliged as they don't manage it), and the housing association. They have been told verbally by owners and HA. I sent recorded times to EH, landlords and HA. And I am still keeping a note. I tell you, it's exhausting!

It's not like I have a night off: it's every night. He comes home from work, then they go out for the evening, come back any time; 11.30pm, 12.30am, 1.30am. Etc. doors slamming, windows slamming, washing machine going on, things going bump on the floor above me. The noise can go on till gone 2am. If they have a night out they have obviously been drinking because the visits to the bathroom are endless. I hear the toilet flushing and light clicking on/off (I swear they don't wash hands!), and they used to keep slamming the door, but that part has stopped.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Well my central heating went on yesterday - I have a rotten cold, am shivering, aching and feeling thoroughly sorry for myself
Oh poor you! Wish you better soon.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Just seen this Kal
Wish there was a cure for the rotten 'cold' - makes you so miserable - speedy recovery wishes, plenty of Vit C and zinc needed .......xx
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 01:23 PM

This is the third attempt at writing this.... we started the vitc and multivits yesterday,probably end up with double pneumonia but at least we are trying.There are a few colds already around and about.The heating is on also though I do try not to put it on, its so expensive. What with snow forcast next month and strikes its going to be a grand winter.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 01:30 PM

Bit chillier here today still not giving in to the heating though, also very wet today which isn't helping us feel any warmer with it lashing against the window panes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

13-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Bit chillier here today still not giving in to the heating though, also very wet today which isn't helping us feel any warmer with it lashing against the window panes.
I still only have the tiny rad on in the hallway. I have storage rads on E7 and it's an expensive form of heating. I put my leccy blanket on to take the chill off but sometimes when I'm just about to jump into bed I get a hot flush! Damn.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 03:46 PM

Thank you Pats and Jazzi for the sympathy, it works wonders nose only dripping today instead of running (went through two and half kitchen roles yesterday blowing my nose and now I could do a good stand in for Rudolph )and aches have eased up to more headachy than anything so it was definitely a cold and not flu thank goodness.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 04:34 PM

Glad you're feeling better today, Kal. Or Rudolph, if you prefer
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

13-10-2013, 08:30 PM

Yes, me too b-v. Glad it's not the flu. I use kitchen paper now for nose blowing. When I have a cold I buy packets of the stuff (the cheaper ones) instead of tissues, so much cheaper, and take a roll out with me if day out/working. Well, not worked in ages, but did used to!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top