Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 08:14 PM

Re: Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

Aysa,can't answer that but will keep an eye out and will let you know when it's on again.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 08:16 PM

Thanks Rhosyn
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 09:42 PM

I eat don't know if its well or not.

Went for my 6 month blood test just before Christmas.

My B12 was slightly down(Veggies suffer from this all the time) so was proscribe some B12 tablets.

Had a blood test 3 months late all is well B12 back to normal.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2016, 10:50 PM

No - rely on diet.
MJoe64
New Member!
Boston, MA
MJoe64 is male 

07-04-2016, 03:58 PM

I have started taking some vitamins and supplements which are claimed to be good for reducing coronary heart disease risk and slowing current CHD..
Vitamin K2, not easily found in diet, slows calcium build-up in arteries, and may help slow osteoporosis. Niacin, a B vitamin, helps lower your LDL (bad cholesterol). Do fish oil also, but seems like there are mixed reviews on that.
Dinahsmum & Mags, I used to take Glucosamine when I ran a lot, and seemed to work for sore joints, so I think it does work.

Realist - I think what you said "plenty of fresh garlic, ginger, chillies in food" is good advice, I have done garlic, but may add the ginger and chiles.
will try that sometimes
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 02:32 PM

After a year of trying to get rid of hip pain my conclusion was that all the running I had done over the years had worn out the joint. This opinion was reinforced as I had chatted to a runner friend of mine who had suffered with the same and had both hips done. As I never take anything on face value I had done quite a lot of online research with regard to the condition but found the same answers to my queries, those being joint wear and tear. Practically the last time I did another search I following an article and then read the comments where one person mentioned a lack of calcium could trigger it. 'Blow it I thought - what have to lose?'. Instant relief.

After suffering for over a year, where nothing worked, I had instant relief after popping a calcium tablet. When I analysed my diet there wasn't any calcium in it. I was a strict vegan and didn't eat any dairy products or anything else with calcium. What apparently happens, in this case, is the body attacks itself, thereby destroying joints and the hip is the first place this occurs.

As you can imagine from the above I now take calcium tablets on a daily basis. I'm able to train as hard as I want without any hip pain. Because of this I also take multivitamins with Iron and a vit B12 to make sure my blood iron is high enough and also I'm not lacking in anything else.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
.... get some exercise (and sunshine for VD) and save your money.
Meg, I was not aware that sunshine could cure VD.
Although, these days, it's not something I have to worry about.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Meg, I was not aware that sunshine could cure VD.
Although, these days, it's not something I have to worry about.
Ooops that should have been Vitamin D
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ooops that should have been Vitamin D
Well now you have given me something else to smile about Meg.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 08:44 AM

A multivitamin for woman 50 plus, calcium, and an iron pill because I was diagnosed with anemia last year.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top