Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 01:00 AM

Re: Statins

My doctor here in Tasmania certainly isn't like david's. I can book either a short or long appointment and neither costs me anything as they bulk bill seniors. I'm never hurried out of the door and never have trouble making an appointment.

And I have to say that when we've been in England on holiday, on the two occasions we needed to see a doctor there was absolutely no problem getting to see one and we weren't charged anything. I guess it's different in different places but if I wasn't satisfied with my doctor I would and could go somewhere else.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by david ->
As Pat said:::Our doctor gives you all the time you need and though that can make others late for their appointment, all the patients know that if they ever need extra time they will get it.
And she forgot to mention you PAY for the extra time, AT OVERTIME RATES.
I am talking about our NHS GP's david......unless you are a private patient you don't pay at all...as we have paid National Insurance.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I'm so glad I live in the UK and can rely on NHS treatment which is second to none, 60s and over don't pay for prescriptions and meds, we are really lucky compared to some
Indeed Honey.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2014, 08:49 PM

Honey, it's only in England that you have to pay for prescriptions. In Scotland, Wales & N.Ireland they're free for all people - eye tests too - and no parking charges at hospitals.

As for relying on NHS treatment, yes I can rely on it in case of emergency, but I very much miss the private medical cover that my work provided when it comes to non-urgent treatment!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top