Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Re: You Are Going To Jail, How Will You Cope?

I did an overnight on remand in Holloway when I was a youngster (19).

I can't go into explanations without it sounding like I'm making excuses but the bottom line is...I did something wrong (though not something I could have avoided at that time), I got caught, I learnt my lesson. That one night was enough, never, ever again.

If I went away now I'd miss everything and everyone. The thing I'd miss most would be the freedom of choice.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:01 PM

I've always been a law abiding citizen.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:08 PM

I'm glad I no longer have that fear of going to court, sometimes multiple times, and wondering what my sentence would be. I would have panic attacks at court but, strangely, none in jail.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:51 PM

As long as I have access to books I could cope!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 08:16 PM

You never know.

The sister of one of my employees was arrested and sentenced in Middle Eastern country for wearing a one piece swimsuit inside a private compound, but apparently where people could see her from a taller building nearby.

Although my record is squeaky clean, I am not so numb and fearful that in a dire situation, there aren't statutory crimes I wouldn't commit and accept the punishment when moral law should prevail.

One would be stealing an animal from a situation in which it was being abused or neglected when law enforcement has their hands tied. Another might be helping people escape who were being persecuted, as it was with the grandparents of a friend who helped a Jewish family escape Poland in WWII.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 08:27 PM

I would be petrified, I'd be scared of the rough and tough characters, I'm very soft natured and I think they would make me feel intimidated. I'm not sure I would survive in prison but then again I guess you'd have no choice, I really wouldn't like it that I do know, I guess thats why I've always led my life honest and by the book, some might call me a goody goody, I can live with that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 07:44 AM

I'd keep myself to myself and do my time. I imagine I would be extremely unhappy but I would do my best to keep that inside.
However, I would be sociable with people I thought were 'reasonable' towards me.
Pretty much like being at work then really.

I'd exercise all the time and read many books to take my mind off things.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 08:01 AM

The worst thing for me, I think, would be the constant noise, particularly of blaring radios. That and the lack of privacy. I like to think I would use the time to learn a language but realistically I don't reckon there would be the chance.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:49 AM

If it was for just a short time I think I might quite relish the experience, why not prisoners are just people like us.

Once quite a while ago I was offered the chance of being on the Board of Visitors at Armley Jail in Leeds they are the group who oversee the running of the prison and ensure it conforms to required standards.

I was all set to do it until I found out I had to attend when there was a suicide and oversee that things were done properly and that might mean seeing the body. I decided that wasn't for me but I often regret that decision
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Summer, we have had several suicides in our jails here. Two were mentally ill patients who IMO should have been more closely monitored.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top