Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 08:21 AM

Re: Would you accept Camilla Parker Bowles..

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
As Queen?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...Prince-Charles

The crap seems to have hit the fan here

Thoughts?
I like Camilla she is a much better wife for Charles than the ghastly Diana. She would make a good queen.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 08:30 AM

Then he should have married fag ash lil at the beginning, instead of dithering! Wonder what their children would have been like?

No, I can’t stand the lazy bint, and they did both destroy C&D’s marriage, so I could never accept or celebrate him becoming King, or indeed her being Queen. I shan’t be out waving a flag, hanging out a bunting, or dancing in the street, or taking a day out of my usually busy retired life, when the day comes.

Team King William, all the way.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 08:49 AM

As the potential new King, I think Charles should have the right to choose to marry the woman he loves, he only married Diana because he was under pressure to produce offspring and was not allowed to marry somebody that had been married & divorced!

Surely nobody is daft enough to listen to a pathetic newspaper that suggests her body language indicate that she wants to be queen?

Personally, I would not wish to form an opinion on her, because I do not know her, and neither do the majority of people that either criticize her or praise her.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in her position, but so far I think she has behaved as would be expected of a kings wife. If she makes him happy, what right has anyone to criticize her?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:06 AM

Every right IMO we are subjects by consent, if she hasn't got our consent then she'll have a rocky road. All the he couldn't marry her guff is so untrue, all he had to do was say he would give up his right to be King, he could have married a gorilla of a donkey no one would have cared. But greedy grasping weak man that he is he wanted his cake and eat it. Ruined a young woman's life along the way.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Every right IMO we are subjects by consent, if she hasn't got our consent then she'll have a rocky road. All the he couldn't marry her guff is so untrue, all he had to do was say he would give up his right to be King, he could have married a gorilla of a donkey no one would have cared. But greedy grasping weak man that he is he wanted his cake and eat it. Ruined a young woman's life along the way.
I appreciate that can only be your opinion Julie and he could have given up the throne to marry her, but when Edward V111 abdicated, to marry Wallis Simpson, it caused massive problems. I feel confident that Charles would have discussed it with his Grandmother and was probably persuaded that the throne must take precedence over the woman he loved.
The disastrous marriage to Diana led to the changes that allowed William to marry a commoner, when rules on royal marriage were changed!
None of us will ever really know if he wanted to be king, just as none of us will ever know whether Diana just wanted to be Charles wife or if the idea of becoming Queen influenced her decision to marry him.
Sadly we all believed what we read in the papers, and Diana was a very popular lady!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I appreciate that can only be your opinion Julie and he could have given up the throne to marry her, but when Edward V111 abdicated, to marry Wallis Simpson, it caused massive problems. I feel confident that Charles would have discussed it with his Grandmother and was probably persuaded that the throne must take precedence over the woman he loved.
The disastrous marriage to Diana led to the changes that allowed William to marry a commoner, when rules on royal marriage were changed!
None of us will ever really know if he wanted to be king, just as none of us will ever know whether Diana just wanted to be Charles wife or if the idea of becoming Queen influenced her decision to marry him.
Sadly we all believed what we read in the papers, and Diana was a very popular lady!
But we'd moved on by then it wouldn't have been such a scandal in the 80s as it was back then. Queen was still relatively young could have trained Anne or Edward or Andrew to take over from her eventually. She had the heir and three spares to have just got on with it.

Only good thing out of the mess was William and Harry I guess it had to happen to get them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 01:38 PM

Julie, I’m with you, all the way. Every word you said.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

16-04-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But we'd moved on by then it wouldn't have been such a scandal in the 80s as it was back then. Queen was still relatively young could have trained Anne or Edward or Andrew to take over from her eventually. She had the heir and three spares to have just got on with it.

Only good thing out of the mess was William and Harry I guess it had to happen to get them.
It may not have mattered to you, but it would to many other people. The Christian Church would have been strongly against it and Royal protocol would have become a joke to countries that have always respected it.
I agree that things are slowly changing now, but back in 1981 it was not what royal protocol allowed. As our Royal family bring significant wealth to this country, money coming into Britain could have been affected by yet another potential King abdicating because he wanted to marry a divorced woman.
The royal family have had to make changes, owing to Diana's popularity, and since her death we are seeing those changes...... but it wouldn't have happened if Charles had abdicated rather than married her.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 01:55 PM

Who wants a 🐎 for a 👑
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 01:57 PM

Could'nt care less who the next King or Queen is, it won't affect me one little bit.

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top