Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:19 PM

Re: Alabama Rot

My son looked this up ,it seems to be spread around the Country, and it is thought to come from wet muddy ground and recommends washing dogs feet/legs after its been outWe always clean our dogs feet any way rather than have muddy feet marks in the house
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:37 PM

I try and walk my dog on paths rather than muddy places as the mud clogs between his paws and he finds it painful. Having said that, I do wipe his feet after a walk.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 06:51 PM

I took Holly into our allotment after going round the block, and walked her up the path which was muddy. Made sure to wash her paws once home (straight into the bathroom) and used some Hibiscrub.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 08:36 PM

I believe cases have been confirmed in this area too (Welsh Marches). Seems strange there are no cases on the continent doesn't it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have just real that a fatal case of AR has happened in Wiltshire the dog had been walked in three locations one of which was the village where we live!
I do wash off my dogs feet as it is so muddy but shall talk extra care now.

Gosh, that's a bit frightening Muddy, too close for comfort.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 11:51 PM

I know we are now taking the dog out of the village and along the least muddy walks we can find.
The trouble is the place is like a quagmire down here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 11:53 PM

I might be taking one of my lot to the vet for a check up this week, if I do go, I will ask him if A.R. has been recorded round here too.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 12:14 AM

I've just been looking to see if there was any new information re this horrible disease. Just in case any reminders are needed, this is the info from Country File.

http://www.countryfile.com/news/alab...-you-need-know

One thing has me wondering, re washing the feet of dogs as soon as possible. Just how quickly does this "disease" transfer to the dog? Is it possible that it's already too late by the time the feet are washed? Perhaps I'm neurotic but I find this thought worrying.

Edited to add..

http://alabamarot.co.uk/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-02-2018, 12:19 AM

Clumsy, I couldn't see a date on that article other than May. I wondered which year it was?
I ask because although it said there had been 98 confirmed cases, and I thought there had been many more than that.

If you look at the map in post 35, it looks to be very widespread.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Clumsy, I couldn't see a date on that article other than May. I wondered which year it was?
I ask because although it said there had been 98 confirmed cases, and I thought there had been many more than that.

If you look at the map in post 35, it looks to be very widespread.
Sorry Mups. Dates on news items tend to come up with the current date for some reason. The second link I think is more up to date, I think it has the 2018 new cases there too.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top