Join for free
Page 6 of 28 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Re: Why are people so surprised?

We have lived 40 years under the EU we now have experience, something lacking in the 70s. And something the young who complain about us leaving lack too.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We have lived 40 years under the EU we now have experience, something lacking in the 70s. And something the young who complain about us leaving lack too.
In the 70 you had UK politicians for some time. THEY misled you. You still have UK politicians, but they don't mislead you anymore?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In the 70 you had UK politicians for some time. THEY misled you. You still have UK politicians, but they don't mislead you anymore?
In the 70s I was too young to vote but yes they lied, now I vote and yes they still lie. That's why they are so disconnected from us I believe, why the people want to leave and the politicians are squirming trying to keep us in. Liars the lot of them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:34 AM

I'm not sure why he keeps harping on.

Either it's the money his country will lose, either by having to make up the shortfall or by losing handouts from Brussels,

or perhaps because he just enjoys having an argument...

that he'll never win - a masochist!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-12-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Either it's the money his country will lose, either by having to make up the shortfall or by losing handouts from Brussels,

It's an enormous EU campaign JBR if you look at many forums you will find people like him posting manically, trying to reverse the referendum. It's fun watching them tying themselves in knots to be honest. It's obvious when you see only threads they participate in are brexit ones. Twitter is alight with them too. Will be interesting when it's all over if they find another cause or just disappear from the forums I predict disappearance.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's an enormous EU campaign JBR if you look at many forums you will find people like him posting manically, trying to reverse the referendum. It's fun watching them tying themselves in knots to be honest. It's obvious when you see only threads they participate in are brexit ones. Twitter is alight with them too. Will be interesting when it's all over if they find another cause or just disappear from the forums I predict disappearance.
Weirdos. I wonder whether they enjoy flying drones over airports too.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In 1975 you were misled by your politicians, as has been pointed out by several on this forum. What makes you certain this time is different?
No we weren't that's simply not true.

In the referendum we had ...

1. Media - BBC, Sky News - all in favour of remain

2. Media - Observer, Guardian, Standard, Sun, Mirror, Telegraph, Star - all in favour of remain.

3. Conservative leadership - remain

4. Labour leadership - remain

5. SNP - remain

6. Green Party - remain

7. George Osbourne telling us that if we even voted "leave" there would be 800,000 people unemployed and there would need to be an emergency budget of 3 Billion because of "Brexit Shock".

8. Threats by the banks to leave the UK and move to Frankfurt (Deutsche Bank later apologised)

9. Barrack Obama telling the UK we would be at the "back of the queue" when it came to a trade deal.

10. Leo Varadkar - no UK planes allowed to fly over Europe

11. Bloomberg - threatening to move everything to Frankfurt (then opening his 1 billion europe HQ in London)

etc.

We still voted leave.... and the remainers say we didn't know what we were voting for ? I find this absolutely absurd because the remainers and their project fear kept telling us what would happen if we did.

Leave - 350 million on the side of the red bus .... delivered in the Autumn statement by Phillip Hammond and increased to 394 million a week.

It's quite hilarious how Project Fear got everything wrong.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:02 PM

That could be why he posts here, but I have another theory!

When we were given the referendum there were a lot of reports about other EU countries being interested in doing the same. We were brave enough to decide that leave was our best option, and face the financial consequences of regaining control of our country. Others countries were not given the option, but that is what the EU were afraid of!
Perhaps he is jealous because we had the guts to get our while we could, because no other country will be able to get out if we show that we have done well by leaving....... I suspect Junkers crowd are already making arrangements to make it harder & more expensive for others to leave!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:03 PM

He is realising what he will be left with once we go.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-12-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No we weren't that's simply not true.

In the referendum we had ...

1. Media - BBC, Sky News - all in favour of remain

2. Media - Observer, Guardian, Standard, Sun, Mirror, Telegraph, Star - all in favour of remain.

3. Conservative leadership - remain

4. Labour leadership - remain

5. SNP - remain

6. Green Party - remain

7. George Osbourne telling us that if we even voted "leave" there would be 800,000 people unemployed and there would need to be an emergency budget of 3 Billion because of "Brexit Shock".

8. Threats by the banks to leave the UK and move to Frankfurt (Deutsche Bank later apologised)

9. Barrack Obama telling the UK we would be at the "back of the queue" when it came to a trade deal.

10. Leo Varadkar - no UK planes allowed to fly over Europe

11. Bloomberg - threatening to move everything to Frankfurt (then opening his 1 billion europe HQ in London)

etc.

We still voted leave.... and the remainers say we didn't know what we were voting for ? I find this absolutely absurd because the remainers and their project fear kept telling us what would happen if we did.

Leave - 350 million on the side of the red bus .... delivered in the Autumn statement by Phillip Hammond and increased to 394 million a week.

It's quite hilarious how Project Fear got everything wrong.....
True.

As for no. 2, you can now add the Daily Mail to that list, thanks to their new editor!

Page 6 of 28 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top