Join for free
Page 61 of 370 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 01:10 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Yes, very good analysis, Swimfeeders.
It's certainly taken me a long, long time to realise I need to lay off the heavy stuff.....i mean, at 52 where am I exactly going with all that anymore?
I'm strong enough, pretty well-formed and fit and healthy.
I need to stay like that and with the recent problems with my knees, it's time to make a few adjustments to my routine.
Pleased you wrote that post as I do go a little gung ho at times. I'm not the wisest bloke on earth!
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 12:13 PM

Floydy, I run outside, though I am thinking of getting a treadmill later in the year. I don't go mad and I listen to what my body is telling me (which is usually you can't do that so give up).
I run only maybe a couple of times a week and on one day I train with a PT. She takes me through gently weights and stretches and also about 30mins of yoga. If I can still get my knickers on by myself in another 20 years it will all be worth it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Floydy, I run outside, though I am thinking of getting a treadmill later in the year. I don't go mad and I listen to what my body is telling me (which is usually you can't do that so give up).
I run only maybe a couple of times a week and on one day I train with a PT. She takes me through gently weights and stretches and also about 30mins of yoga. If I can still get my knickers on by myself in another 20 years it will all be worth it
In another twenty years you won't be bothered whether they are on or off......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 06:07 AM

This is my first post outside of my introduction and thought it would be a good place to start since I enjoy being outside so much. My daily exercise typically includes a five to six mile run per day, an hour of step aerobics using pound weights, and if there is surf between two and four feet high, I am out there catching what I can.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This is my first post outside of my introduction and thought it would be a good place to start since I enjoy being outside so much. My daily exercise typically includes a five to six mile run per day, an hour of step aerobics using pound weights, and if there is surf between two and four feet high, I am out there catching what I can.
You sound like one fit lady, that's quite some training regime...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You sound like one fit lady, that's quite some training regime...
I suppose at my age being fit is better than having one . Besides, I like to think that surfing and running are my drugs of choice, although a glass of champagne once in a blue moon isn't too bad either.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-07-2017, 10:52 AM

I suppose at my age being fit is better than having one . Besides, I like to think that surfing and running are my drugs of choice, although a glass of champagne once in a blue moon isn't too bad either.
Amen to that Surfermom, although there's not much surfing and champagne drinking occurring in South Yorkshire, I make up for it with the running and a nice leisurely ten miler at the crack of dawn .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

01-08-2017, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Amen to that Surfermom, although there's not much surfing and champagne drinking occurring in South Yorkshire, I make up for it with the running and a nice leisurely ten miler at the crack of dawn .....
Distances like that...
make me feel like this:

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-08-2017, 09:56 PM

Distances like that...
make me feel like this:

Yea...It does me these days Surfermom, but after forty years I just can't stop.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-08-2017, 10:06 PM

Just six miles this morning but I struggled all the way round.
The weather was perfect and it should have been a nice relaxing run in the country. Kids have finished school and the roads were even quieter than usual, but legs were tired and heavy. It wasn't until I arrived home and stopped the watch that revealed the third fastest time this year......That's the reason right there......Overspeeding.

Page 61 of 370 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top