Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:04 PM

Re: Gentlemen

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL, The last time I recall any man doffing his hat was when I was young and the Insurance Man called for his weekly money from my Mum. She opened the door, he doffed his trilby in greeting and the dog jumped up at him baring her teeth because she thought he was raising his hand to hit my mum!! Luckily she didn't actually bite him.
Nice memories SG,

Here is a little instant alliteration

Devoted, discerning dog determined to deter discerned danger.

I still doff my Fedora to selected ladies in these uncouth days.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Unfortunately we seem to be devoid of Waitrose in Doncaster Robert......(this is South Yorkshire you know) Tesco any good?....
Don't worry Bobby, you'll have one soon.. In the meantime LIDL offer a decent selection under £10.The wine from the Alsace around £7.49.

Is Doncaster still the place to find the best of the cream in Fur & Feather exhibitors?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:19 AM

It's not surprising that there is so much consideration out there. While I think some people might not always express proper gratitude, I don't think many people would actually be offended.

When my son was around twelve or thirteen, we were having a very heated discussion on our way to get in the car. Despite some harsh words between us, he automatically reached out and opened the car door for me, which caused me to soften almost immediately.

At least it stopped me from putting him up for adoption (for a second time) .

Smart boy. He learned (or maybe he already knew ) a very good lesson about manners and women.

And yes, OGF that gif is metaphorical for what Mrs. OGF should be dishing out in light of some of your recent remarks. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:24 AM

I think people are basically kind, if you are kind and smile people treat you in the same way, thats my experience anyway not just men I'm talking people in general.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Don't worry Bobby, you'll have one soon.. In the meantime LIDL offer a decent selection under £10.The wine from the Alsace around £7.49.

Is Doncaster still the place to find the best of the cream in Fur & Feather exhibitors?
Thanks Robert, there are Lidl stores in great abundance in and around Doncaster.....

Ah yes, the Fur and Feather exhibition, it will resume in the warmer weather....I might even exhibit myself....

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top