Join for free
Page 73 of 505 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 12:47 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

I'm definitely developing a very dangerous related condition mutating from the virus and it is far more virulent than the virus itself - CFS or coronavirus fatigue syndrome! Today there was a news story about a woman with the virus who had contaminated her dog! (the dog was not sick). I am not sure why that is significant. Because if you have the virus then you will shed on your whole house including any pets. Reading about it it's a very unpleasant and serious (for some) illness. But it does seem inevitable that it will spread here. But most people are surviving so I am more than a little concerned about the level of anxiety. Although I am told that is part of CFS symptoms and therefore my concerns are being swept aside by medics... But I mean it's not the plague guys!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 07:16 AM

Australia has announced a travel ban on foreigners coming to Australia from Iran, because of the coronavirus outbreak in the Middle Eastern nation.

Foreign nationals coming from Iran will be forced to spend a fortnight in a third country before being allowed into Australia.

Australian citizens and permanent residents will need to isolate themselves for a fortnight after returning from Iran.

Iran has officially recorded 388 cases of coronavirus and 34 deaths - the highest mortality rate for the COVID-19 outbreak outside China.

Authorities are trying to track down up to 40 people who went to a Gold Coast salon and were treated by a beautician who has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

The 63-year-old woman had recently returned from Iran and started feeling ill on Thursday while working at the Hair Plus salon, in the Australia Fair shopping centre at Southport.

Australia has now had 23 confirmed cases of the COVID-19 virus, nine of them in Queensland.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...l-ban/12013884

Totals slowly creep upwards

Diamond Princess
Cases 705
Recovered 10
Deaths 6
Critical 36

Australia
Cases 25
Recovered 15

U.K.
Cases 20
Recovered 8

USA
Cases 66
Recovered 7
Critical 1

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm definitely developing a very dangerous related condition mutating from the virus and it is far more virulent than the virus itself - CFS or coronavirus fatigue syndrome! Today there was a news story about a woman with the virus who had contaminated her dog! (the dog was not sick). I am not sure why that is significant. Because if you have the virus then you will shed on your whole house including any pets. Reading about it it's a very unpleasant and serious (for some) illness. But it does seem inevitable that it will spread here. But most people are surviving so I am more than a little concerned about the level of anxiety. Although I am told that is part of CFS symptoms and therefore my concerns are being swept aside by medics... But I mean it's not the plague guys!
Annie why are you taking info in from China or wherever the woma with the dog was ?
It’s a cause for concern now that the latest case in the UK had not just returned from holiday ,,not been out of the country in fact so it’s crucial now to find out how he picked it up .
Personally I’m very pleased to be informed every step of the way . I listened carefully to what was being said last evening on Sky News . All these people are very concerned and although as you say it’s not the plague , it could get to a very critical stage where new legislations are brought in .
We need to listen ,not ignore simply because as you say it could bring about CFS.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Annie why are you taking info in from China or wherever the woma with the dog was ?
It’s a cause for concern now that the latest case in the UK had not just returned from holiday ,,not been out of the country in fact so it’s crucial now to find out how he picked it up .
Personally I’m very pleased to be informed every step of the way . I listened carefully to what was being said last evening on Sky News . All these people are very concerned and although as you say it’s not the plague , it could get to a very critical stage where new legislations are brought in .
We need to listen ,not ignore simply because as you say it could bring about CFS.
It was Japan.

I think where we are in a situation causing markets to lose 200bn in share value then you have to take a step back and assess the psychological reaction. As the WHO states most people experience a mild illness.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 01:32 PM

Dean Koonz was quite a prophet when he wrote "Eyes Of Darkness" way back in the day.

It's about a virus, made in WuHan, and describes very similar events as we see today.

It even predicts that the virus will hit in the year 2020.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-...ll-dean-koontz

Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It was Japan.

I think where we are in a situation causing markets to lose 200bn in share value then you have to take a step back and assess the psychological reaction. As the WHO states most people experience a mild illness.
Not just about the illness Annie ,it’s the knock on effects .
Already UK supermarkets are trying to cope with staff reductions due to whatever illness they’re down with , delivery drivers ,shelf fillers .....the same , just to quote one aspect of it.
Will there be a reduction in public transport due to illness for instance ?
Hospital appointments cancelled , operations due put back ?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 01:57 PM

Two people in California have tested positive for covid-19.
Those two were never out of the country and they did not know anyone with the virus. They obviously contracted the virus somewhere in the community from an unknown source. Those two did not know each other and they lived hundreds of mile apart. not good.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Two people in California have tested positive for covid-19.
Those two were never out of the country and they did not know anyone with the virus. They obviously contracted the virus somewhere in the community from an unknown source. Those two did not know each other and they lived hundreds of mile apart. not good.
Many states in the US have a culture of not invading personal space and drive everywhere. So if it does spread it will likely be in more deprived areas where people are forced to squeeze onto public transport. I think Italy was more at risk because of the huggy kissy culture.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-02-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Not just about the illness Annie ,it’s the knock on effects .
Already UK supermarkets are trying to cope with staff reductions due to whatever illness they’re down with , delivery drivers ,shelf fillers .....the same , just to quote one aspect of it.
Will there be a reduction in public transport due to illness for instance ?
Hospital appointments cancelled , operations due put back ?
We haven't yet been greatly affected and I certainly hope it doesn't lead to cancelled ops as my elderly mum has been waiting months for day case minor surgery that is booked in for March.
Zuleika
North West UK

29-02-2020, 07:23 PM

I decided to go to Sainsbury’s this afternoon , stock up on a few things ,see how the shelves,fruit and veg were looking .
Decidedly not good ! Either stuff isn’t getting through e.g short of wagon drivers ,or not being filled up short of shelf fillers ,or people are stockpiling .

Newspapers are just in the main entrance for us without vehicles and I always take the headlines in . Every single one was carrying the headline of the latest Coronovirus news .
You might not think it very serious Annie( not the plague,agreed ) but I think they’re telling it as it is and this is before the three new cases were confirmed .

Hope your mother gets seen to anyway .

Page 73 of 505 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top