Join for free
Page 77 of 106 « First < 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Re: Corrie

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think that is why he is such a good actor.

I have to say I am really really getting a bit fed up with Corrie and wonder how much longer I will feel this compulsion to watch even though it irritates me.The whole David/Nick/Kylie/Leanne thing has really gone off the rails and at the moment, apart from Roy and Hailey, the storylines leave me cold.
I'd have to agree with that and I don't really want to watch Hayley's demise either to be honest. I feel like slapping Michelle and Liz every time they snigger and smirk at Steve - aren't they supposed to show loyalty to him?

Time to get shot of Deidre as well - the whole kissing her under the miseltoe was just embarrassing.

I wonder how much longer I'll be watching as well - I've watched it since I was a small child!

I'll still be moaning about it all though next year
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 08:12 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself BV and Ania. They've carried this David/Nick/Kylie/Leanne storyline on far too long and I'm bored stiff with it now.
I've just said exactly the same in a thread about another soap too. Have the writers gone on an extended holiday or something? They're going to be losing a lot of viewers if they don't liven it up soon.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Couldn't have put it better myself BV and Ania. They've carried this David/Nick/Kylie/Leanne storyline on far too long and I'm bored stiff with it now.
I've just said exactly the same in a thread about another soap too. Have the writers gone on an extended holiday or something? They're going to be losing a lot of viewers if they don't liven it up soon.
This is only my opinion but I think they need to find some characters to replace the old stalwarts like Hilda and Stan, Jack and Vera - even Curly and Raquel would have worked great. I often wish Suranne Jones had never left as she and Steve would have filled those empty roles brilliantly - there are just no charismatic characters at all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 07:52 PM

I too am sick and tired of Liz and Michelle and their treatment of Steve. I know it's the writers but please, let him grow a backbone. I hope he goes off with Andrea!

Deirdre, well past her sell by date!

Nick. Problem is his brain damage and the problems associated with it can go on for such a long time. We may be in for a long ride, you know!!

Not looking forward to Hayley's death. Already it is tugging at the heart strings.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 10:50 PM

All the really good actors leave and go on to better things.

Some who only think they are good leave and keep coming back !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
All the really good actors leave and go on to better things.

Some who only think they are good leave and keep coming back !
Liz McDonald
Dennis Tanner
Todd Grimshaw

eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 07:30 AM

It does irritate me that all the male characters are either henpecked, feckless or plain stupid. Talk about Northern stereotypes. When are they going to give us some normal strong minded supportive men?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It does irritate me that all the male characters are either henpecked, feckless or plain stupid. Talk about Northern stereotypes. When are they going to give us some normal strong minded supportive men?
Yes couldn't agree more, I wonder why the Men in Corrie St are portrayed as whimps who have been castrated

EG Tyrone , Kirk, Steve Mac, Chesney, Dev and Norris.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 09:28 AM

Maybe the writers are women with chips on their shoulders?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I too am sick and tired of Liz and Michelle and their treatment of Steve. I know it's the writers but please, let him grow a backbone. I hope he goes off with Andrea!
Me too.

I found myself wondering if Andrea is going to end up as Michelle's replacement - I don't think Michelle is a favourite with the viewers and I quite like this Andrea, she seems bubbly and full of life instead of that scowling, snide-comment throwing girlfriend that he already has. Fingers crossed eh

Page 77 of 106 « First < 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top