Join for free
Page 801 of 1676 « First < 301 701 751 791 799 800 801 802 803 811 851 901 1301 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:27 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Did you need a Paramedic?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 11:32 AM

no a paralytic - and perhaps a paranormal??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did you need a Paramedic?
Originally Posted by gumbud ->
no a paralytic - and perhaps a paranormal??
Nah, just a parasol now.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Seems to me, the best a geezer/geezette can hope for is a couple of functioning Brain Cells, for a short while, when it's gone, it's gone.
I agree Spitty.
We once had a long discussion about brain cells in the local, shortly after we finished the riveting talk on bucket handle collecting, we came to the conclusion that the more brain cells one has the more worry one has about losing them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good Morning from Bulgaria
We were sat on our balcony last night, having a night cap. It was peaceful, THEN!
This drunken English man with his two teenage kids started!!! He was obviously asked to leave the poolside bar for swearing and wanting to fight everyone!
He was not going to bed!
The desk night man had a word, I saw him leave, then back he came staggering and hailing abuse! The night security guard, a BIG guy then arrived. I felt sorry for the drunk guys kids, in the end they had to help him to his apartment.
I have only once in my life been paraletic.
I drank Pernod, never again!
I would NEVER get the way that idiot was last night, nor my hubby, in front of our boys.

Ah the curse of the demon drink, the thing is that it doesn’t agree with everyone and the trick is to keep away from it if it makes you anyway rowdy or cranky. I hope that chap at least learns something from making an idiot of himself, if only for his kids sake.
in my experience I found that certain drinks have different effects on people, for me whiskey is strictly only for medicinal purposes, whiskey cloves and lemon for a bad cold works wonders for me, otherwise I don’t touch it as it don’t agree with me.
Many years ago I had heard that gin made one depressive, purely out of curiosity I tried a session on gin one night and found meself wallowing in self pity, remorse, and sad memories, I felt almost suicidal, It put the wind up Phyllis I can tell you, never again tink yo.
Beer and the odd drop of port in the evening suit me just fine.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 01:37 PM

Very true Jem. Gin smells like perfume to me, it also known as Mother's ruin.

I occasionally drink Vodka with a lot of orange Juice. I also like the occasional glass of Port. I'm sticking to my Sweetie wine.
I saw that same guy by the pool earlier, he was apologizing to everyone.
Shame on him, I think. His wife was talking to me by the pool, I am glad I never remarked about him, as I didn't know it was his lovely wife.
The problem with the guys drinking here, is they are drinking all day and night.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:55 PM

Sweetie, have you been Twisting By The Pool?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-07-2018, 10:01 PM

What ever became of Mr. Twist himself, old Chubby Checker?

There we were at lunchtime sitting out in the beer garden of the local lapping up the good weather. We, well they really, I wasn’t, were discussing the British exit from the EU, I wasn’t interested in the conversation to be honest, I’m not a political vulture, but I was asked what my opinion was about the whole thing, I just said that if the majority want to leave then they should leave and that’s that like it or lump it, thems the rules we all live by in a democracy.
Having said that I thought I was off the hook, until Harry “rent-a-row” Flynn jumps in with
“Yes that’s alright Jem, but how does that effect the man in the street and the pound in his pocket, that’s what I’d like to know”
I felt like saying eff you and the man in the street Harry but I remembered my manners and kept me mouth shut’
By the way what ever happened to the man in the street, politicians never seem to mention him nowadays, he was always the most important man in the country on budget day. Poor chap, he never had more than a pound in his pocket all his life, God he wouldn’t get much for his pound today.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2018, 10:13 PM

Ahh the man in the street, took the long and winding road, if he had any sense.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-07-2018, 10:18 PM

A whole pound in your pocket!
A bit heavy.
Even half a kilo is a bit much for the man in the street.
I watched the football, I had no choice, it was on in every restaurant and bar.
I believe England won.

Page 801 of 1676 « First < 301 701 751 791 799 800 801 802 803 811 851 901 1301 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top