Join for free
Page 858 of 1676 « First < 358 758 808 848 856 857 858 859 860 868 908 958 1358 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 02:10 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Did you sneeze?
Did you know Paul McCartney played at the Cavern club today?
pics would be nice or a url? - otherwise I don't believe you!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 02:15 AM

Diaries from OZ - occasional?

Wedding days are here again – 4 sausages fried for breakie – cut into very small soldiers and dipped in hot English mustard – god it makes me cry but I do love it! The man commeth today to inspect the fire breaks and decide whether they need trimming – I use the term trimming in the loosest possible way – mauling is probably closer to the truth! – well the missus said today can you tidy up a bit outside – well I looked and all looked tidy – and therein lies the nub – tidy to one is very untidy to another – I’ve never seen it looking tidier for ages but there is a clue – the man cometh today to inspect the firebreaks and in her mind will be very critical of an untidy patio – feck – give me feckin strength!

Then it arrived the secondhand yard blower from somewhere – anything they are throwing out comes our way – it’s called spoils of war. So now I, ME ,MYSELF can blow the yard – how marvelous! watching the Muskateers I must go back to the beginning and watch them all – marvelous history of the times and religions and romance! – just don’t like the way that the high ladies flattened their chests! It is lovely not having to do the taxi run although I am still around but can relax. Hit the sack early I think? It’s all a blur!

Turds day and what a wonderful one too – sitting on the porch at 9,30am and still cool with a lovely fresh breeze – I do hope you are all enjoying your Australian weather – we sent it just for you – [do you remember fainting in HK due to salt depletion?] please ignore this bit very personal!

Watched a bush turkey cross the drive just now – magnificent bird really and edible – evil lookin mind like a crow with a long tail like a peacock. The dogs missed it – well two dogs went missing as usual – came back exhausted from somewhere – probably devouring a kanga leg or tail somewhere in the bush – they do die off in there and the dogs can sure find them. Still waiting for my car return and so no taxi runs still and to sleep in until 7am is bliss!

I am ready for a new bottling session but that can wait until the w/end – you can do it too early and too fresh. The firebreaks were done yesterday – did I mention that before? It really is idyllic out here no noise of traffic or people only the occasionally bark from one of four dogs – usually just the one yappie Chihuahua! [ I pronounce it chi - hua - hua! sounds like a mexican dancer] perfect day and a cool 31C
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:04 AM

You paint a clear picture of a day in the bush Gummy. I’m afraid all that silence and dust wouldn’t be my cup of tea, I like to hear the city sounds, cars going by, children playing on the street, old men and women talking bullshit in the pubs, chancers trying to sing in pubs, and feel solid concrete under me feet when I walk. I did see a stray white cat cross the shed roof this morning, inedible I’m afraid.
Here’s a nice photo of how I imagine you waiting for the next wild turkey to pass.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Hi guys just had a note from RJ to say he won't be coming back to scribbles - he had 6 yrs of it and that is enough. I replied and said we of course understand but still miss him greatly. He may stay on this entire site just not be on scribbles. So you may see him around. Sad for me as RJ and I go back way before scribbles as we started a sort of poetry group that didn't last too long but it was good whilst it lasted. Cheers
RJ is a real gentleman and is badly missed, he has a great gift of spinning a yarn, a sense of humour of just the right temperature, and a truly unique writing style.
As he won’t be here on this thread I do hope he starts up a new thread so we can continue to enjoy his posts.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
pics would be nice or a url? - otherwise I don't believe you!
I never tell fibs.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44964710

Lovely posts today. I love them, this thread is getting back on track. I will contribute a story later, I have some flying around to do first.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-07-2018, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You paint a clear picture of a day in the bush Gummy. I’m afraid all that silence and dust wouldn’t be my cup of tea, I like to hear the city sounds, cars going by, children playing on the street, old men and women talking bullshit in the pubs, chancers trying to sing in pubs, and feel solid concrete under me feet when I walk. I did see a stray white cat cross the shed roof this morning, inedible I’m afraid.
Here’s a nice photo of how I imagine you waiting for the next wild turkey to pass.

yep that's about right!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 01:25 PM

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:02 PM

....might help if he were to power-up the screen,Sweetisima [xxx]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-07-2018, 03:34 PM

Trying to write a post without offending anyone is becoming harder by the day Sweetie, I do me best and if anyone is offended it was certainly not intentional, it was never in me to offend in the first place.
Ah! a smoking skeleton, nice to know you can have a smoke in peace when your dead, something to look forward to, I must remind Phyllis to put a couple of packets into me coffin, knowing her she’d probably forget the matches, could you imagine how terrifying it would be to wake up in your coffin six foot under and not have a match to light your smoke? Reminds me of the old Hamlet cigars ads.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Jem,today,it's become 'de rigeur' to LOOK for things at which one can pretend to be offended. It's the age of compensation claims,m'man.
ANY legal company that willingly advertises themselves as a ''no win,no fee'' company,you can bet your sweet chuff spends INTENSE amounts of time studying ways and subjects within which a tiny grammatical error can result in a HUGE payout. let alone saying something as dramatically heart-stopping as 'I own a cuddly golliwog''....oh,the PAIN,the INTENSITY of the trauma,at hearing that....eh? ...worth AT LEAST a zillion pounds sterling in compensation!!! [plus court costs,natch]

Page 858 of 1676 « First < 358 758 808 848 856 857 858 859 860 868 908 958 1358 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top