Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 06:01 AM

Re: Does what we wear really matter.

I certainly would not judge anyone from what they wear (unless they were dirty and smelly!).
I could not care less if people are in Jeans or suits or designer clothes, and as long as they are happy and comfortable it is fine with me but, this being said , I do think that there are certain dress codes to be observed in society at times.

For eg you wear bikinis and swim suit or are bare chested at the beach but you shouldn't be strolling the streets and shops around in such an attire as to me it is a lack of respect of others.

Also as Muddy said some places do have dress codes because some people do enjoy to dress up to go out for dinner so in many instances we do have to follow dress code if we want to participate in certain events.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:39 PM

I also believe in the dress code. I was always smartly dressed during my working life, these days it's mostly jeans and t-shirt or jumper. I still have some of my dressy clothes and wear them if the need arises. IE out for dinner, visit to the big town for the day, funeral ect ect..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:54 PM

Gone are my 'dressed to impress' days.
After nearly a decade of uniforms, casual is a wonderful option and one I enjoy immensely.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Thank you Tessa....I hate pretentiousness and this one has packed it all in a suitcase and brought it with her from another forum and is posting the same childish fiction on this wonderful forum that we have here, and she must actually believe that there are people here that beleive all the bull***t she seems to be able to spew out with amazing regularity at the drop of a hat.
I will continue to draw attention to it where and whenever I see it.
Just like you, seen it and heard it all before 💤💤💤💤
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Utopia
The land of cloud cuckoo 👑
mesco m
manchester

15-06-2016, 12:13 AM

My dress depends. For the most part casual. I dress for dinner when going to a restaurant or when on holiday.

Of course it depends on the occasion, weddings, funerals, christenings etc, I dress as I think appropriate. I do not conform to fashion or what others may think is appropriate but always clean and fresh.

However, state occasions demand formal dress, to which I do adhere 👑 🎩
mesco m
manchester

15-06-2016, 12:16 AM

By the way, most of us have an island home, it's called England.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by mei ->
I certainly would not judge anyone from what they wear (unless they were dirty and smelly!)......
Jesus might never have made it to your Christmas Card List.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top