Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Re: Exercise bikes

That's a lovely avenue Joan, really nice.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 06:34 PM

That cycle trail looks perfect for getting the dogs out on the bike.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:52 PM

Me and fitness equipment just don't get on I haven't though ever had a go on an excercise bike I am not much good on a real one ...wobbles when cars pass...
Rowing machine ... came off back and got stuck by my hips in the contraption .....
Had one of those things years ago with the belt that is supposed to take inches off your waist/hips all it did was leave nasty red marks all over me...
So couch potato now and loving it..
Except when I walk my dog
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 09:01 PM

I also have an unused rowing machine. It was abandoned quite a few years ago in the alley for the rubbish pickup when the people down the block moved away. Worked perfectly so lugged it home; it was, IMO, even duller to use than the exercise bike; haven't touched it in ages. Couch potato here too!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 09:18 PM

We also have a cycle /footpath that runs for miles around here used to be a railway line it is called the Silkin Way it runs along side of our house so perfect for walking the dog it is an easy walk to the Ironbridge gorge which is lovely
The Silkin Way

Silkin in snow

More

Sue
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 09:36 PM

Sue, that's a lovely walk! But the snow one made me shiver..... brrr!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
We also have a cycle /footpath that runs for miles around here used to be a railway line it is called the Silkin Way it runs along side of our house so perfect for walking the dog it is an easy walk to the Ironbridge gorge which is lovely
The Silkin Way

Silkin in snow

More

Sue
they are all just beautiful but the last is gorgeous.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2009, 05:11 PM

Lovely photos Sue, I like the winter one, . . . BTW, never eat yellow snow.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 09:12 PM

When you have an exercise bike, I expect there is a distance equivalent, or perhaps a time limit that is aimed for? A known quantity is OK but perhaps it's all too easy to stop when you feel you've had enough ..and that isn't really pushing the limits to a great degree. However, when you go for a bike ride, either on or off the road, there is no giving up when you've had enough. Even though tired, you still have to get home.

OK, you can plan a set route outside that you know can be handled but it is easy to cycle a bit further than intended while exploring this 'n' that. It's almost guaranteed that when three-quarters of the way round a route, you'll wish you were home. Equate that feeling to riding an exercise bike and that's when you might stop. No such possibility while out riding. You have to keep going. For that reason, I feel that riding a proper bike would be better than using an exercise bike, even if a bit more tiring.

It's sometimes hard to push oneself out in the cold of winter but the scenery is more interesting than indoors and there is the further interest of actually surviving the traffic and/or the off-road downhill runs.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

04-01-2010, 10:06 PM

You have a good point there, but I could never learn to ride a real bike

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top