Join for free
Page 99 of 276 « First < 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:07 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Val J ->
[B]

I feel the same Ffosse, but it’s worse for you because you are still young, I’ve realised that you are only a couple of years older than my son!

I’ve been trying to plant some geraniums this morning, I only had a dozen but had to do them in two stages, I was so out of breath. I have my chemo again tomorrow so I think I will ask about this breathlessness, I think it’s one of the worst side effects.
Chemo tomorrow Val. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Just noticed your post - how are you doing Val J?
Tired Ffosse and I should be at my best ready for chemo tomorrow. The lack of energy really gets to me!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
[B]

I feel the same Ffosse, but it’s worse for you because you are still young, I’ve realised that you are only a couple of years older than my son!

I’ve been trying to plant some geraniums this morning, I only had a dozen but had to do them in two stages, I was so out of breath. I have my chemo again tomorrow so I think I will ask about this breathlessness, I think it’s one of the worst side effects.
I don't think age has anything to do with it, really, and I can empathise with your breathlessness - it's very nasty and you wonder how such a simple task can cause such distress. I'm convinced it's a side-effect of the chemotherapy because of its sudden onset with any type of activity.

I wish you all the best for tomorrow - although chemo is necessary it's something else which just isn't nice. I would rate fatigue and breathlessness as the 2 worst symptoms - worse than any type of pain because at least there are drugs for that; you can go from OK to feeling very ill within minutes.

It has lead to me not doing very much with my days at all - I either lack concentration, have the fatigue/breathlessness or am in pain. I try and unwind by doing simple things I enjoy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:15 PM

Good Night Dreamy and Val.
I hope you both sleep well.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:45 PM

Goodnight Sweetie, hope you have a good night too. I’m going to bed now, an early start tomorrow!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-06-2018, 01:25 PM

Thinking of you both today.
I know you are having chemo Val.
I have good news for my boy. A cancellation, so he can have his scan on Tuesday.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 02:15 PM

That's good news, Sweetie.

All I had to do today was give blood at my G.P practice - I'm not sure why as normally it's 2 days before chemo before I give blood and I don't have chemo until the 13th. Still, it can only be for my own good.

Thinking of you today Val J - hope the chemo wasn't too unpleasant.

I'm so glad I have my phone's calendar: I put in every appointment and it's synced to my iPad and Mac. I also take photos of important letters so they can easily be accessed. I got an appointment today with my Consultant on the 9th of August and it's reassuring in a way that my treatment is progressing - I'm more than half-way there and haven't missed anything except a CT scan, but I got that rearranged for the 12th. That week is particularly busy with a GP appointment on the 14th, chemo on the 13th and a nurse's appointment on the 11th.

Not looking forward to my 4 or 5 day hospital stay on the 21st but I've learned (I hope) to be a bit more calm and positive about procedures. I just hope they don't infuse me overnight given my habit of sleep-biting through the drip line.

So I've got a bit of a break until the week of the 11th - I'm just taking it easy. I can't go outside much but tomorrow I'm going to try and get to a local shop which sells incense sticks - both to calm me and to get rid of any moths (they hate them).

Have been enjoying playing with my new TV and watching mostly rubbish but with a few quality programmes. I hooked it up to my hi-fi so the sound is good, and the screen size of 32" is fine for my small living-room. I'm looking forward to the grass tennis season and the world cup. I informed TV licensing and buying a licence was a bit of a bitter pill to swallow as I don't agree with it but want to stay lawful.

I've set aside 2 hours a day just for reading; for the longest time I couldn't concentrate and missed my reading dreadfully as I think it's a good habit to have for the mind. I've got so many unread books on my iPad and it's time to make a start on them. My last book The End Of The Romanovs was a tad grim but I've got the latest Stephen King and I generally enjoy his books.

Food-wise, I was eating mindlessly out of boredom or when I grew a bit despondent, comfort eating. So I've decided to eat as much fruit and vegetables as I want until having a proper meal at 5pm. My weight has been up and down with this illness - I'm not overweight by much (perhaps 6 lbs) but would like to lose this. Again, it's with the not getting out for exercise.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-06-2018, 06:22 PM

Didn't manage to get out today and I went for a siesta this afternoon.

No energy at all right now.
Val J
East Yorkshire

02-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Thinking of you both today.
I know you are having chemo Val.
I have good news for my boy. A cancellation, so he can have his scan on Tuesday.
That is such good news Sweetie.

My chemo went ok and feeling pretty good today too.
Val J
East Yorkshire

02-06-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Didn't manage to get out today and I went for a siesta this afternoon.

No energy at all right now.

Your energy levels should be building up again Ffosse ready for your next chemo. I think I would have a word with the chemo nurse and ask if this lack of energy is normal for such a prolonged period. I tend to have a bad week followed by a good week, but my chemo is fortnightly.

Page 99 of 276 « First < 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top