Join for free
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2010, 05:23 PM

Dad at the Supermarket

My father was completely lost in the kitchen and never ate unless someone prepared a meal for him. When Mother was ill, however, he volunteered to go to the supermarket for her. She sent him off with a carefully numbered list of seven items.

Dad returned shortly, very proud of himself, and proceeded to unpack the grocery bags. He had one bag of sugar, two dozen eggs, three hams, four boxes of detergent, five boxes of crackers, six eggplants, and seven green peppers.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2010, 06:03 PM

Re: Dad at the Supermarket

That sounds a bit like the twaddle head I suffered-no idea how to cook or shop but if you dared say anything then watch out for punches-well my way anyway
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Its all irrelevant anyway, I've come to the conclusion that men and women need each other, I did fight it all the way and will admit but not very loudly that some things he can do that I can't. It was sent to me in an email, I thought it was funny but now I just think its a bit silly really.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Men just don't think the same way as women, do they

Good one!
val
Kent UK

21-06-2010, 08:27 AM

They certainly don't Mags, I'm still trying to work out if you can use men and thinking in the same sentence.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 12:28 PM

I think this shows that men just think very laterally, with no hidden agenda. I mean why would you number a shopping list? Women on the other hand are far more complex and don't say I told you but I think they like to make things a little complicated for the blokes.
val
Kent UK

21-06-2010, 12:58 PM

I must admit I wouldn't number a shopping list, It teaches them to use their brains...hmmm no maybe not if they did that they'd be dangerous.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Snigger snigger,

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top