Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:30 PM

Re: What's the roadmap for lifting lockdown?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but maybe you should read this before we get to May .....

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-...cine-no-cruise
Thanks for that Mags.....
No problem Mags, we'll wait and see what P&O say, we won't be the only ones declining to have the vaccine.

Crystal Cruises are an expensive top end luxury cruise company based in America, so it would be very unlikely that we would ever sail with them.

There was an advert by Ryan Air, 'Jab & Go' and it was deemed illegal and taken down. But in any event I'll get my money back and be four grand better off and then will wait until it all dies down and book again. That's if we still want to go....
I will discuss it with Mrs Fox a bit nearer the time when we have received details from P&O.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Foxy, why would you want go on a cruise, do you remember the Diamond Princess?
Ha ha Yes Spitty, I also remember the Titanic but it hasn't put us off cruising.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-02-2021, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I really hope your cruise happens Bob but I understand that lots of travel companies may insist on a vaccine passport that proves you have had your jabs. Travel companies have lost a fortune with this lock down & they don't want to lose anymore, especially when cruise ships were so badly affected last year!
I also think the vaccine passport may offer a better chance going off the ship, because other countries will be aware of the huge difference these vaccinations have made to us getting control of the virus.
Please consider having the vaccination as I know you are looking forward to this trip & if Mrs Fox has had her jab she may end up going on her own, as I doubt they will refund payment to anybody who has no medical reason for not having it!
Doesn't really matter whether we go or not Twink, at least I'll get my money back and book again next year...
Mrs Fox has also declined the Vaccine (her choice not mine) so we'll just go somewhere else. I hear that Bridlington is nice in May....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for that Mags.....
No problem Mags, we'll wait and see what P&O say, we won't be the only ones declining to have the vaccine.

Crystal Cruises are an expensive top end luxury cruise company based in America, so it would be very unlikely that we would ever sail with them.

There was an advert by Ryan Air, 'Jab & Go' and it was deemed illegal and taken down. But in any event I'll get my money back and be four grand better off and then will wait until it all dies down and book again. That's if we still want to go....
I will discuss it with Mrs Fox a bit nearer the time when we have received details from P&O.
Foxy, lt’s a bit like blackmail isn’t it?

I really feel sad that you, due to your principles and the shipping company rules, have been put into this catch 22 situation.
I hope you can still work something out with them and have your lovely holiday.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-02-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, lt’s a bit like blackmail isn’t it?

I really feel sad that you, due to your principles and the shipping company rules, have been put into this catch 22 situation.
I hope you can still work something out with them and have your lovely holiday.
Thanks Arty, P&O haven't said anything yet about having to have the vaccine, only a covid test prior to boarding. The cruise isn't written in stone though and we might have to do something else... You haven't got a spare room for Mrs Fox and me have you Arty, I know some good walks in Cheshire....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 01:47 PM

Thanks Arty, P&O haven't said anything yet about having to have the vaccine, only a covid test prior to boarding. The cruise isn't written in stone though and we might have to do something else... You haven't got a spare room for Mrs Fox and me have you Arty, I know some good walks in Cheshire....
She doesn't live in Cheshire Foxy, but I do & you could bring your cat too.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 02:04 PM

If I had to choose between accepting the vaccine or losing a holiday ,I’d choose the latter .
I understand fully that no one will want an unvaccinated person around them . So be it . I will have to abide by both their wishes and my own .
By the way there are going to be hundreds of people not taking up the vaccination when the programme gets down to the lower age groups.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 04:22 PM

Foxy, You and your wife are welcome to stay here but you’ll have to do your walks in Cheshire before you get here.
I live nearly 100 miles away from Cheshire!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-02-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
She doesn't live in Cheshire Foxy, but I do & you could bring your cat too.
That's very kind of you Twink, as long as you promise not to lock me in the cellar.............
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-02-2021, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, You and your wife are welcome to stay here but you’ll have to do your walks in Cheshire before you get here.
I live nearly 100 miles away from Cheshire!
Sorry Arty, I couldn't remember some of the places you have mentioned in your posts over the years. I should have checked my map..... Thanks for your nice offer though Arty, and I'm sure you will have some excellent walks where you live...I've probably even done a walk or run there in the past... When I was a courier I visited more places than George Bradshaw......

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top