Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 11:15 AM

Vaccine Passports

Do you believe in having vaccine passports ?
I do .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 11:20 AM

Re: Vaccine Passports

I feel like I ought to be against them, on principle.....but I do think they are a good idea for holidays. Not sure how far the implementation should go though....jobs? Shopping? I mean....why not just have an ID card with a stamp that says you are an acceptable human being and can be allowed outside to mingle with others?

Then you have the issue of those who cannot have the vaccine due to health issues. What happens to them?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 11:45 AM

https://uncoverdc.com/2021/03/18/vac...ral-countries/

The certification system being used in Israel clears those who have been vaccinated as safe to use certain facilities like gyms and restaurants or enable them to go to public events.

Appears straightforward enough as most things do until a problem arises.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:10 PM

Makes sense to me, as do ID cards but I doubt it will happen...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:37 PM

It will be an interesting exercise if they do make it compulsory to have a Vaccine passport to travel and gain entry to certain places.

All the recent science suggests that the vaccine remains effective for six months. We have been in a national emergency, more or less, for the last year. Millions, nay billions, of pounds have been spent comandering buildings and people to administer vaccinations nationally, to as many people as is possible. It has been a mammoth rollout, and Boris has outperformed most other countries for the supply and administering of the vaccine... (Bravo Boris!)...So is this to be a six month ocurrance? I think not....

For a start the NHS could not cope with such demand on a regular basis. As we have seen, all none urgent procedures have developed such a long waiting list, that it will be 2025 before there is any chance of catching up. And that's assuming that there is no more pressure put on the NHS.

Now let's look at the cost.. Even with some vaccine manufacturers waiving the profit on production it still costs the government an arm and a leg to have every person in the UK vaccinated. They will not continue as none profit making businesses, there are shareholders to consider, and suppliers of the raw materials, to name but a few of the expenses. Somebody will have to pay......Who do you think that will be?

Smoke and mirrors if you ask me.....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:48 PM

The great reset myth.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you believe in having vaccine passports ?
I do .
I'd not object to carrying one, if I had to.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:04 PM

Will Covid-19 vaccine passports kick-start travel again?

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/03...-travel-again/

Probably ..... if the "pilots" are a success on the small-scale (The Seychelles was the first nation to announce it would welcome vaccinated travellers from across the world), the "big boys" will soon implement them on the large-scale.

Extracts:

Cyprus has just announced it’ll allow vaccinated British tourists into the country from May 1 if they can prove it, without the need for quarantine or testing.

While the UK government has suggested the passport would not be mandatory, other countries could still decide to make it an entry requirement – restricting travel to those deemed a transmission risk.

British Airways is the first UK airline to trial a travel health ‘passport’ which stores coronavirus test results and proof of vaccination.

One app it is testing is called VeriFLY and it checks the passenger’s health information against the destination’s entry requirements and returns a ‘fail’ or ‘pass’ message.

No travel insurance policy covers disinclination to travel, so if vaccines become mandatory at your destination, you won’t be able to claim back the costs of your holiday if you decide to cancel.

Refusing a vaccine could also affect your emergency medical cover. Travel insurance policies sometimes contain exclusions relating to vaccinations. That means if you visit a country without getting the NHS-recommended inoculations, you may not be covered if you end up contracting the illness.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Will Covid-19 vaccine passports kick-start travel again?
Probably ..... if the "pilots" are a success on the small-scale (The Seychelles was the first nation to announce it would welcome vaccinated travellers from across the world), the "big boys" will soon implement them on the large-scale.

Extracts:
But! But! But!...Being vaccinated doesn't mean that you can't bring covid into the country, or spread it......
I would have thought that a negative test would be more appropriate...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-03-2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I'd not object to carrying one, if I had to.
It would only last six months Tiff, you would need to be vaccinated every six months.....And they will start charging you for one soon....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top