Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 02:34 PM

Nuisance neighbours are plaguing the lives of MILLIONS of Brits

I have a problem with my upstairs neighbour continually parking so far over to the right there, that anyone using our car parking space has to park right over in the corner.
This means stepping out of the vehicle right onto what is sometimes very muddy soil, with possible bushes and shrubbery being a hinderance.
Obviously, I just want him to park as near he can to the middle of his parking space.
Complaints to him get me nowhere, and this is the only blight on where we live here in lovely Rhos On Sea North Wales.
This begs my question...

Are any neighbours plaguing your life, or are your neighbours all just lovely?

Below is an article taken from todays Daily Express. 28th July 2016.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/693...millions-Brits

Two thirds of UK homeowners say their lives are being blighted by the actions of those next door, new research reveals.

Experts say rows are increasing each year, with rising house prices possibly to blame as more people live in cramped spaces.

Late night parties and loud music are one of the most common bugbears, while arguments over parking spaces and extensions are also in the list of complaints.
Boisterous children, noisy pets, boundary disputes and overgrown gardens are also top reasons neighbours are driving people mad.

The research by property law experts Slater and Gordon, which polled 2,001 homeowners, found that seemingly minor incidents tend to be at the root cause of long-running and bitter feuds among neighbours.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Re: Nuisance neighbours are plaguing the lives of MILLIONS of Brits

Our upstairs neighbours are very trying, they complain about everyone else not taking a bit of notice about how they impact on us all.

Last complaint was my dogs making a noise at the weekend, early in the mornings has made a lot of us laugh as we are not here at weekends so what they are hearing none of us can work out.

But their late night noise and drug taking is supposed to be ok

Their 7 cars again ok ? And the repairs to those cars we are told to be tolerant.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Bloomin Nissan drivers are a nuisance anyway, so he's just fitting in with all the other Nissan drivers.

Just use your Merc to nudge him over.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Just become the nuisance neighbour yourself, never fails.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

But their late night noise and drug taking is supposed to be ok
Oh Julie, how I can relate to this, my downstairs neighbours complain about all the noises in the morning, but think nothing about keeping the rest of us awake with their late into early mornings going ons.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Bloomin Nissan drivers are a nuisance anyway, so he's just fitting in with all the other Nissan drivers.

Just use your Merc to nudge him over.
Thanks Terry and Hawkeye.
My 'problem' is that we don't even run a car.
I have never driven and my Wife had to give up driving 3 years ago due to eyesight problems.
We let another neighbour park their vehicle in our space.
(They shove us £5 a week. Yes I know. Cheap. I am all heart!)
And when we have any visitors they go park somewhere else.
Our other neighbour or other visitors don't like it, but I don't want to involve them in my dispute.
If they weren't using our space I would buy an old banger and park it right on the line just as you intimate, and leave it there forever!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Thanks Terry and Hawkeye.
My 'problem' is that we don't even run a car.
I have never driven and my Wife had to give up driving 3 years ago due to eyesight problems.
We let another neighbour park their vehicle in our space
(They shove us £5 a week. Yes I know. Cheap. I am all heart!)
and when we have any visitors they go park somewhere else. Our other neighbour or other visitors don't like it, but I don't want to involve them in my dispute.
If they weren't using our space I would buy an old banger and park it right on the line just as you intimate, and leave it there forever!
Well, that fell flat.
I thought I'd wind you up.

From you description I thought you were the Nissan driver and your neighbour the offending Merc
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

28-07-2016, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Well, that fell flat.
I thought I'd wind you up.

From you description I thought you were the Nissan driver and your neighbour the offending Merc

Nnnnnnnaaaaaaa.
My other neighbour using our space is the one in the little bitty Nissan, being bullied over into the corner by the Big Bad Merc!

But then.
I thought I made that clear?!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 05:12 PM

Only ever had one problem neighbour and she really didn't do anything other than completely change character over a couple of years and began ignoring us! Her loss!!

My neighbours where we are now, however, are the best, helpful and generous with their time, if needed, and plants I'm given, wonderful..
Always keep an eye on things if we're away, this works both ways, obviously.
No problem with cars, we all park on our drives, never a car on the road - we're all old uns as you might have already guessed!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-07-2016, 05:13 PM

I know, but I thought you were the owner of the Nissan. That's why I slagged off Nissan drivers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top