Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Re: What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?

Actually..thinking about it..I was invited to dinner in the South of France..the hostess had done her research and found out that we all loved ''chicken giblet stew!''

I looked into it..a neck..a face..chicken claws cramped up as though the bloody thing had been drowned in the stock..

I said ''Thank you'' and grabbed all the potatoes from around the side!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Actually..thinking about it..I was invited to dinner in the South of France..the hostess had done her research and found out that we all loved ''chicken giblet stew!''

I looked into it..a neck..a face..chicken claws cramped up as though the bloody thing had been drowned in the stock..
That sounds totally disgusting!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Oh stew is very dodgy Silver, unless you are present when the ingredients are going in avoid it at all costs. That horse you ate could have won the Grand National and then sent off to France when he was just about to croak it, it might have been a toss up between the Bostik factory and the school stew.
Believe me, Jem, it was a mistake I never made again!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 04:38 PM

Not quite as bad as some of the things mentioned, however at a nearby Japanese restaurant (sushi bar to be exact) one item on the menu is Miso soup which is not only delicious but they refill for free. The first time I tried it though it had cubes of tofu floating around. The server had fortunately stayed nearby to see if I liked the soup, and he laughed at my face when I found a cube of this soft gelatinous 'stuff' in my mouth and did not know what the heck to do with it. He offered me a serviette and told me to spit it out exclaiming that many people felt that way (including him) and assuring me that my refills would be sans tofu. I can honestly say I cannot recall feeling anything quite as revolting in my mouth before or since. Did not even taste of anything just felt disgusting.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I love olives too - both green and black.

I think the worst things I have eaten were fairly ordinary things - just badly cooked. I remember trying (allegedly) real turtle soup - that was pretty disgusting.
Oh lord, baby camel???, olives??? Yuk.

I know I'll get fried here but WHY do people love curry? I can't stand the smell, it used to just emanate from people's clothes, hair, pores back in Toronto when we lived there & had to take public transit! I used to almost gag. It was usually only East Indians, Pakistanis that would have this. I'm not being racist, just stating a fact.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2014, 06:01 PM

Daughter no.1 has just returned from what seems to have been a fantastic conference/holiday in Korea. The'highlight ' of the conference was a traditional banquet with dishes such as jellyfish in a spicy sauce, squid with caviar & chilli (which she described as akin to chewing a rubber tyre), but her limit was a dish of SILK WORMS. This was accompanied by music which included 'Jingle bells' and 'land of hope and glory' played on a Korean harp!

Apparently a favourite 'street food' was fried pig's snout! She didn't try any.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2014, 06:30 PM

Eeeew, turtle soup & barbecued turtles! Pleeeze, I own a turtle, awwww poor Jody, don't worry, mommy will protect you
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

26-04-2014, 06:34 PM

Strange do..pigs trotters..I have never ate them knowingly..but the french love them..I have looked..just seems like a load of sinews..fat..and unkempt pigs toenails..
Sounds like what they'd use in canned cat & dog food.
churrillman
United Kingdom
churrillman is male 

26-04-2014, 08:17 PM

Fish and Chips from a chinese take away and octopus (like chewing rubber)
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 03:29 PM

My worst thing was baby camel at an Algerian wedding..big thick wobbly yellow fat and 3 inch hairs sticking out of it..I had to eat it as it would have been rude not to do so..

What was yours?
my mother in law's cooked dinner....by God that was rough.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top