Join for free
Page 699 of 1676 « First < 199 599 649 689 697 698 699 700 701 709 749 799 1199 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:01 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

"watch it Jem - I'm goin to your photo album now - hope you haven't got anything there that Phyllis hasn't cleared"

No fears there Gummy oul son, my darling Philly and I have no secrets.
I don’t usually look at peoples profiles meself unless I’m answering a PM, but I might just have a gander at yours sometime, if there’s anything juicy there I’ll find it, believe me. 

How come when folks say ‘Been there and got the tee-shirt’ we never get to see a snap of them wearing the said tee-shirt?, for all we know they may not have been there at all, just saying like, we have to take their word for it I suppose.

I brought a sack of empty beer cans to the depot for recycling earlier, my good deed for the day.
Everyone's gone water drinking crazy over here with the heat, lagging around flagon sized plastic bottles of it up in the park and along the canal walks, when they are finished with them they throw them anywhere they like. This plastic thing has been let go too far, the whole bloody world is made of it now, and even the fish in the sea are being choked.
There’s a chap I know who works for the RSPCA and he was telling me at lunchtime over a pint that a few weeks ago a Swan on the Royal Canal choked on a condom, I‘m not kiddin, some people don’t give a damn how they dispose of their junk, another Swan had an arrow through it's neck where some idiot shot it with a crossbow, fortunately they managed to save the bird. Beautiful graceful creatures are the Swans on the canal, a canal is not a canal without Swans in my opinion.

Broombridge on the Royal Canal, a very old bridge indeed, I learned to swim beneath it when I was 8, from right to left with my big brother waiting to catch me on the other side, he was a terrific swimmer rest his soul.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:16 PM

I just hope, there is no shoddy workmanship in that Bridge.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
"watch it Jem - I'm goin to your photo album now - hope you haven't got anything there that Phyllis hasn't cleared"

No fears there Gummy oul son, my darling Philly and I have no secrets.
I don’t usually look at peoples profiles meself unless I’m answering a PM, but I might just have a gander at yours sometime, if there’s anything juicy there I’ll find it, believe me. 

How come when folks say ‘Been there and got the tee-shirt’ we never get to see a snap of them wearing the said tee-shirt?, for all we know they may not have been there at all, just saying like, we have to take their word for it I suppose.

I brought a sack of empty beer cans to the depot for recycling earlier, my good deed for the day.
Everyone's gone water drinking crazy over here with the heat, lagging around flagon sized plastic bottles of it up in the park and along the canal walks, when they are finished with them they throw them anywhere they like. This plastic thing has been let go too far, the whole bloody world is made of it now, and even the fish in the sea are being choked.
There’s a chap I know who works for the RSPCA and he was telling me at lunchtime over a pint that a few weeks ago a Swan on the Royal Canal choked on a condom, I‘m not kiddin, some people don’t give a damn how they dispose of their junk, another Swan had an arrow through it's neck where some idiot shot it with a crossbow, fortunately they managed to save the bird. Beautiful graceful creatures are the Swans on the canal, a canal is not a canal without Swans in my opinion.

Broombridge on the Royal Canal, a very old bridge indeed, I learned to swim beneath it when I was 8, from right to left with my big brother waiting to catch me on the other side, he was a terrific swimmer rest his soul.

ah ya got me there with canals Jem - did a lot of my courting along the Cheshire canals - but never did see a Cheshire cat??

who was the cat who disappeared in Alice in Wonderland - someone must remember this useless info - spittie??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I just hope, there is no shoddy workmanship in that Bridge.
reckon there were Irish on one side and Poms on the other and they met in the middle wid their empty guiness jars??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-05-2018, 10:29 PM

how to use print screen

Now there's a well built bridge - British of course!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:57 PM

Just as long it is not a bridge to far.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-05-2018, 11:32 PM

Baroness Jowell, who was one of the Labour Party's best known faces during Tony Blair's era, went on to say how she had taken solace from Irish poet Seamus Heaney.

She said: 'Seamus Heaney's last words were do not be afraid. I am not afraid, but I am fearful that this new and important approach may be put into the "too difficult" box.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz5Gvst0YjK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

very touching Jem??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

30-05-2018, 04:09 AM

used to love this lady - yorkshire I think

come on Jem where's ya utubes - NO not the ones in ya bathroom - we don't want to know anything about them!!

no lancashire - she's ours!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

30-05-2018, 08:40 AM

another quiz and a memory

this pic takes me back many moons to my childhood in the 'pool - what would your observations about the bricks be?

but even more curious - what about that external door in the upper left of the pic - what might its function be - [see spittie for prizes for this one!]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:44 AM

Not a clue Gummy Bear.

Page 699 of 1676 « First < 199 599 649 689 697 698 699 700 701 709 749 799 1199 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top