Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 04:22 PM

Re: MRI Scan

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
You are right The Dog Lover. On my information paper it mentioned that if you were having the dye injection you were not to eat or drink beforehand. I don't know much about the dye injection but I know it is given when they are looking for certain things. In my case the dye injection didn't apply. I was told beforehand it wouldn't be needed, but how strange that they gave it to you OH half way through the scan.
Phil wasn't given any informaton at all. He had the MRI because he had previously had a bleed in the brain following a cardiac arrest. He was actually in a nursing home at the time having physio and was taken to the hospital by ambulance and it was the nursing home who encouraged him to eat lunch as it was their main meal of the day. You would have thought they would know better but there you go.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Thank you for all your replies. I'm still waiting for the MRI scan appointment to come through, it's been marked down as urgent so I don't know how long an appointment will take to come through.

I really want this scan so I will make sure I stay nice and calm, 90 minutes under there seems a long time, still if it has to be, then it is what has to be done.

I haven't had an attack now for a week so I'm either due one or hopefully they won't be so often as I was having one a week.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Thank you for all your replies. I'm still waiting for the MRI scan appointment to come through, it's been marked down as urgent so I don't know how long an appointment will take to come through.

I really want this scan so I will make sure I stay nice and calm, 90 minutes under there seems a long time, still if it has to be, then it is what has to be done.

I haven't had an attack now for a week so I'm either due one or hopefully they won't be so often as I was having one a week.

Sssshhhhhhhh Alison darlin' - don't tempt providence!!!!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sssshhhhhhhh Alison darlin' - don't tempt providence!!!!
I know Uncle Joe, it's horrible when I get one as it's so painful I don't sleep all through the night and I have to sit in the armchair downstairs all night watching the tv. I hate them.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Yes I had one Alison when I was diagnosed with Epilepsy,I had the iodine in my arm and it feels warm as it goes round your body, then you go into the machineif you are worried keep you eyes closed, they play music and you think of something nice that happened, i thought of walking on the sands with my Grand daughter. It was fine really. Good luck.
Alicat
West Berkshire

04-12-2012, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Yes I had one Alison when I was diagnosed with Epilepsy,I had the iodine in my arm and it feels warm as it goes round your body, then you go into the machineif you are worried keep you eyes closed, they play music and you think of something nice that happened, i thought of walking on the sands with my Grand daughter. It was fine really. Good luck.
Thanks anniemuldoon, yes I think I will keep my eyes closed, good advice. I wonder if I could sing to myself, I wouldn't mind that. That was nice you thinking about walking on the sands with your grand daughter. Thanks.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 08:10 PM

Alison my name is alison muldoon but I am called Annie.
Alicat
West Berkshire

05-12-2012, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Alison my name is alison muldoon but I am called Annie.
I'm not keen on the name Alison, I wish I had another name.
Alicat
West Berkshire

05-12-2012, 07:15 PM

I have my appointment for a MRI scan come through today, it's at 8.00 am next Wednesday. You were all right, I can't eat or drink anything beforehand.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I have my appointment for a MRI scan come through today, it's at 8.00 am next Wednesday. You were all right, I can't eat or drink anything beforehand.
Hi Alison I am pleased you don't have a long wait , I hope all goes well...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top