Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 11:06 PM

Re: Protein Powders

i have never tried protein powders, nor do I intend to. maybe they are useful as an aid when someone cannot eat normally for whatever reason--i do not know--otherwise i do not see the point--
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 02:57 PM

I take two protein shakes a day. One at work and the other straight after my exercise session at the gym.
At the moment I'm using whey isolate, which is very low in fat as well.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Soy is something I want out of my life same as sugar. It is not the health food it was advertised as and I suspect is doing a lot of people a lot of harm.

Of course Soy producers will promote it as hard as they can but you need to do your own research here.

http://www.foodrenegade.com/dangers-of-soy/
Thank you, Realist, that is a really interesting link.
MarieCamargo
New Member!
United States
MarieCamargo is female 

10-12-2016, 08:09 AM

I use to drink soy milk after workouts.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 07:49 PM

I'm not a huge fan of soy, though I do like tofu and edamame.
Lisalucky
New Member!
United States
Lisalucky is female 

04-01-2017, 04:23 PM

Hi there.. Many of our team members use Herbalife 24 Sports line for building muscle mass. Rebuild strength is their go-to protein shake and they all look and feel amazing

Lisa
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 04:39 PM

Hi

Once again the experts differ.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...et-say-experts

We produce vast amounts of whey protein here, a by product of the dairy industry.

It is used as pig food.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lisalucky ->
Hi there.. Many of our team members use Herbalife 24 Sports line for building muscle mass. Rebuild strength is their go-to protein shake and they all look and feel amazing

Lisa
To be honest there's not much difference in which brand you choose, just the varieties (nutritional content, diet versions etc). I get mine from a company called GoNutrition, who have the whole market covered. Powdered supplements, energy tablets, diet shakes, meats and vitamins.

I generally buy three different types for my training needs - a pre-workout 'carb-fuelled' energy shake, a post-workout protein shake and later on, an isolate drink. Tools of the trade for an ageing bodybuilder!

But they can be used by anybody who needs to strengthen their muscles and for general fitness and as a diet aid. But remember, they don't do it on their own - you need to exercise as well!
SpringTime
New Member!
Lancaster
SpringTime is female 

23-02-2017, 08:38 PM

Really I always thought protein shakes were for wrestlers or bodybuilders, not needed for a normal person like me. But my doctor recommended I should try protein powder to get more protein in my diet, which apparently is deficient. I don't know where to start really. I did a google search to find the best protein powder available for older women and I found this website. http://www.proteinbrain.com/best-pro...elderly-people
Do you think it's accurate? Thank you.

Katherine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top