Join for free
Page 14 of 370 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:19 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Turns out I felt a whole lot better today and managed to get round my eight mile course. The good news is:- I broke my years best time after fitting in some quarter mile sprints here and there, the bad news is, the time is void because I had to stop the watch and rest for five minutes after finding a large tanker (Exon Pride) passing through one of the canal bridges on route. It did start raining on the last two miles and I arrived home soaked, but it doesn't seem to matter once you are warmed up.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:55 AM

you did realy well nevertheless
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 05:20 PM

Only rode 5 miles today but it was off-road and done at a fairly good speed. It involved getting up some steep stony hills too. I had to get off and walk at one point.

Maybe not such a bad thing though. It means that the 'pushing the bike uphill' muscles get exercised as well as the riding ones. They are a different lot to each other ..and then there's always the exercising of the heart and lungs.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 08:57 PM

Nice going Mart, I've never ridden off road except when trying to measure an off road running course with my road bike, and I suffered many punctures.

Today was a rest day from running, so I stuck my raincoat in the rucksack and walked round an eight and a half mile route. Mostly lanes and footpaths but I did pass a Greggs who supplied a sandwich for lunch when I arrived home. Although it was overcast the rain kept off and the going was drier than I thought it was going to be after the recent heavy downpours.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nice going Mart, I've never ridden off road except when trying to measure an off road running course with my road bike, and I suffered many punctures.
After many years of off-road cycling and getting punctures at the worst of times, I got some tyres that go under the name of 'Dutch Perfect'. They have been on the bike for about 3 years now and I've had no punctures. They are pricey and are no lightweights but well worth those drawbacks.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
you did realy well nevertheless
Yes the boys done good!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-06-2016, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
After many years of off-road cycling and getting punctures at the worst of times, I got some tyres that go under the name of 'Dutch Perfect'. They have been on the bike for about 3 years now and I've had no punctures. They are pricey and are no lightweights but well worth those drawbacks.
Thanks for that Mart but I don't think you'll make an off roader out of me, Dyed in the wool Roadie....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-06-2016, 09:09 AM

Just had the most amazing run along the canal banks.
Because it's Fathers Day I decided to run 'Farther, the decision was easy. So after selecting a very steady pace over the first two miles I arrived at the kissing gate on to the canal bank and feeling good pushed through to turn my eight mile route into a ten mile route.....Not a breath of wind and being cheered on by all the wildlife in the hedgerows I jogged effortlessly round the course. No speed, no stress, just into the zone for the next eight miles. Could have run all day.

After arriving home with hardly a bead of sweat it leads me to wonder which is best: To speed round a shorter course but feeling the effects for the rest of the day, or go steady round a long course and not even realise that I've been.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just had the most amazing run along the canal banks.
Because it's Fathers Day I decided to run 'Farther, the decision was easy. So after selecting a very steady pace over the first two miles I arrived at the kissing gate on to the canal bank and feeling good pushed through to turn my eight mile route into a ten mile route.....Not a breath of wind and being cheered on by all the wildlife in the hedgerows I jogged effortlessly round the course. No speed, no stress, just into the zone for the next eight miles. Could have run all day.

After arriving home with hardly a bead of sweat it leads me to wonder which is best: To speed round a shorter course but feeling the effects for the rest of the day, or go steady round a long course and not even realise that I've been.
Sounds bliss .

Short, hard stuff can certainly take the wind out of your sails, and as you say can be counter productive sometimes. I think you do need to do some hard efforts at times though to help with speed overall.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

19-06-2016, 12:03 PM

Yesterday's exercise was walking into town and back. About 4 miles at a good pace.

Today. Just got back from a short sharp bike ride. Only 4.7 miles but just about all off-road and done in about 40 minutes (with time out to take these photos).

The photo below is Army land and I was hoping the flags would be down so I could go on it. They weren't so I couldn't. Had to come up the path to the left of the fence from as far as the eye can see. Very bumpy and a testing hill at the last bit. Pride doesn't let me get off and walk.

Might get dragged out again this afternoon when the family visit. Some of them ride bikes too.

Page 14 of 370 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top