Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Uploading of photos to threads has been enabled!

Hi Everyone!

This is probably one of our biggest feature requests - uploading of photos directly to threads - well, we've finally got it

How to upload an image to your thread or post

To upload an image, when posting a thread click on 'Manage Attachments' then in the new window click on 'choose file' then once you have found the file on your computer click 'upload'. Repeat for up to 5 images, then click 'close window' and they should then be listed in the 'attached files' section. And then submit your thread or post as usual. Shortened, that is:

Manage Attachements > Choose File > Upload > Close this window > Submit Thread

PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD PHOTOS THAT YOU OWN OR HAVE TAKEN YOURSELF.

Feel free to use this thread to test uploading

Thanks!

I would also like to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to all of our Supporting Members who have made adding this possible. Image attachments are actually one of the costliest things when it comes to running a forum - they don't only need more space on the server, but use up more bandwidth as well as eat up off-server backup space and backup bandwidth - which is usually measured per GB and can mount-up

I did consider making them available just for Supporting Members but I try not to do that wherever possible.

So while I can't promise they are here to stay, enjoy!

(If anyone else is interested in taking out a sponsorship, you can do so here.)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:05 PM

Re: Uploading of photos to threads has been enabled!

Azz, where on earth have you hidden the Manage Attachments button?

Glad you've introduced it, but...you've got me scratching my head here!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:40 PM

Re: Uploading of photos to threads has been enabled!

Is it now showing as per this screen-shot?

It's under the 'Additional Options' bit..

Attached Images File Type: jpg af1.jpg (40.2 KB, 762 views)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top