Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:42 PM

Re: Diabetes.

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
So just what do you mean...when it isn't controlled ? How is it not controlled ?
When it's not controlled is if I let my blood sugars go too high do you actually have it Malcolm ? Because you don't sound as if you do.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When it's not controlled is if I let my blood sugars go too high do you actually have it Malcolm ? Because you don't sound as if you do.
I have had it for fifteen years, I take Metformin, Gabapentin and Glimepiride. I take a blood sugar reading every other day it is usually between 9 and 11 mml.
I have never suffered any symptoms at all and whatever symptoms you have experienced have very probably nothing to do with your type2 diabetes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:52 PM

I have had it for fifteen years, I take Metformin, Gabapentin and Glimepiride. I take a blood sugar reading every other day it is usually between 9 and 11 mml.
I have never suffered any symptoms at all and whatever symptoms you have experienced have very probably nothing to do with your type2 diabetes.
Well according to both diabetes uk and my GP it is directly linked so unless you have better qualifications I think I will carry on believing them, especially as it's my body and I experience the symptoms only when my type 2 is not well controlled.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 02:54 PM

my son is diabetic and my hubby too ...they both eat eggs but not to many ' my friend is borderline as so many people are ' just be more aware of what u eat' not to say u cant never have a cake because u can ;and chocolate should be very dark 'and u control it -not the other way round or life will get dull ...keep away if u can from fry ups ....
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 03:01 PM

Well according to both diabetes uk and my GP it is directly linked so unless you have better qualifications I think I will carry on believing them, especially as it's my body and I experience the symptoms only when my type 2 is not well controlled.
Believe what you want Julie, but don't expect anyone with a modicum more intelligence than you to believe what you do....your doctor will tell you what he thinks you want to hear, that's how they get through their over full surgeries.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-02-2016, 03:07 PM

Believe what you want Julie, but don't expect anyone with a modicum more intelligence than you to believe what you do....your doctor will tell you what he thinks you want to hear, that's how they get through their over full surgeries.
Do you have to be so rude ? It's not about intelligence it's about our bodies reacting differently to the problem, I went to my doctor with those symptoms from blood tests my diabetes was diagnosed, as soon as I got it under controlled the symptoms abated. Just because you reacted differently has nothing to do with how intelligent you are.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 03:16 PM

When I was diagnosed after a routine blood test for something else I was distraught, I thought it was a certain death sentence and it caused me a lot of worry.
It has gradually got worse over the years insofar as my blood sugar levels have increased and my medication has increased to compensate, but I have NEVER experienced any symptoms at all through the years.
Some people, I feel, really get a kick out of being ill, seeing the doctor, taking medication etc etc, probably looking for a sympathetic ear to bend.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 03:23 PM

Do you have to be so rude ? It's not about intelligence it's about our bodies reacting differently to the problem, I went to my doctor with those symptoms from blood tests my diabetes was diagnosed, as soon as I got it under controlled the symptoms abated. Just because you reacted differently has nothing to do with how intelligent you are.
There are thousands upon thousands of people in this country who have Type 2 diabetes but going undiagnosed and only when they go to the doc for an unrelated cause are then told that their blood sugar levels are high.
Generally speaking, all things considered there are no symptoms associated with Type 2 whilst Type1 symptoms are those which you say you suffer from.
I am sorry if I appear to be rude, but it comes from sheer frustration at not being able to get my point across.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 03:27 PM

When I was diagnosed after a routine blood test for something else I was distraught, I thought it was a certain death sentence and it caused me a lot of worry.
It has gradually got worse over the years insofar as my blood sugar levels have increased and my medication has increased to compensate, but I have NEVER experienced any symptoms at all through the years.
Some people, I feel, really get a kick out of being ill, seeing the doctor, taking medication etc etc, probably looking for a sympathetic ear to bend.
Malcolm, not everyone is the same and you are being unfair comparing others to yourself. You are not always correct and there is no need for you to give a fellow diabetic the third degree..... cheer up and stop moaning
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 03:49 PM

Julie, what are your blood sugar readings and what medications do you take, I would just like to see how we compare ?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top